South Wales meet?

RhyssMD

Here's my take. Make it more of an adventure, a day out, not just a few enthusiasts meeting at a Maccy D carpark. So, here's my suggestion

Meet Saturday am somewhere like Bridgend as its S wales central. Head out west towards Camarthen, North up into mid wales. Lunch. Back then towards Chepstow, jump back onto M4 for a parade to finish. OK, a bit vague, but you get the idea, and you know half the fun is in the planning of the route, which has to include at least one corner photo stop! I've got a half decent SLR and know how to use it. It's a day out, a tank of fuel, and some controlled fun. 

• Like 4

I'm moving house this weekend, and work is quite busy at the moment, but I'll rough out some more details within the next 2-3 weeks, might be a Christmas week treat, weather permitting and all that. I won't be in a Skoda though I'm afraid, although it's same old VAG stuff really.

I'm game for whatever, be good to get a bigger turnout than 3 again ;) it's a start I suppose!

Need to get mine roaded, really don't think it's running standard, for my mates a3 s170 tdi to struggle to keep up it can't be running standard haha

• Like 1

Would like to have a meet and put faces to names.

It would be good. I'm a bit awkwardly positioned in Ceredigion, a bit betwixt in between but if I'm available and a cruise (for want of a better word these days) heads out I can hook up en route, might be best, depends on the plan mind. Dyno day would be good, need to check the cars curves and the work that's been done, seems to be running nice, just want to make sure I'm happy with where its at.

• Like 1

More the merrier :)

we'll set up a new thread when it's all confirmed etc, any of you ever near Bridgend in the nights? Be good to get together one night!

I'm in bridgend but have 2 young kids that take up 90% of any free time I have

• 1 month later...

Right, have given this some thought, and come up with the attached route. It's as close to being central with some really great roads, and perhaps temptingly close to our cousins in the North. 

Meet at Llandovery, head North on the A483 to Buehler, pick up the B4358 at Beulah towards Newbridge on Wye. This is an absolute roller coaster of a road, with some stunning scenery. From NoW, head to Rhayader, then pick up the B4518 towards Harmon and Llanidloes. Never driven it, but it look interesting. A470 to Newtown, then pick up the A483 south to Llandrindod Wells, and finally at Builth. I've driven the A483 many times, and it's one of my favourites. It's not fast, as it's too twisty and unsighted for that, but it's relatively lightly trafficked, and there are ample straights to pass the odd lumbering farmers landie. The scenery though is fantastic, and again in places it's a fast switchback of a route.

Welcome any constructive feedback and comments. Haven't thought about dates yet (earliest Feb after the Cupra has heart surgery), not have I thought about timing and food / rest stops but that's the easier bit.

post-71909-1420494998352_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Right, have given this some thought, and come up with the attached route. It's as close to being central with some really great roads, and perhaps temptingly close to our cousins in the North. 

Meet at Llandovery, head North on the A483 to Buehler, pick up the B4358 at Beulah towards Newbridge on Wye. This is an absolute roller coaster of a road, with some stunning scenery. From NoW, head to Rhayader, then pick up the B4518 towards Harmon and Llanidloes. Never driven it, but it look interesting. A470 to Newtown, then pick up the A483 south to Llandrindod Wells, and finally at Builth. I've driven the A483 many times, and it's one of my favourites. It's not fast, as it's too twisty and unsighted for that, but it's relatively lightly trafficked, and there are ample straights to pass the odd lumbering farmers landie. The scenery though is fantastic, and again in places it's a fast switchback of a route.

Welcome any constructive feedback and comments. Haven't thought about dates yet (earliest Feb after the Cupra has heart surgery), not have I thought about timing and food / rest stops but that's the easier bit.

Sounds good in principle, I'll take a closer look at the route proposed and see where I can hook up. Nice one.

Just about any Sunday is OK for me in Feb, apart from the 14th/15th obviously; so suggest anyone who is interested make yourself known, and confirm the dates you CAN do. I'll then try and find the sunday with the most free. Suggest then the following weekends: 

Feb 1st,

Feb 8th

Feb 22nd

March 1st