Blackvue in-car cameras are back on the menu

Macdemon

Just putting out some 'feelers' at the moment.

I'm going to purchase a Blackvue camera before the end of Nov.

I have (or did have) a contact with the distributers and may be able to get significant discounts compared to retail prices.

Please look at the link, decide which camera you're after and send me a PM so I can compile a list so I can negotiate a nice discount for you.

http://www.blackvue.eu/index.php 

Serious buyers only please, and once I have arranger the individual price units, I will ask for your payment and then pay her.

So, anyone up for this???

Lets get lots of sales, the more the merrier, and the bigger the discounts (I hope).

Mac.

I would no longer recommend them due to idiotic design faults:

The clock battery is soldered to the board, is not rechargeable and cannot be easily replaced.

They don't have a proper charging circuit for the LIPO, instead relying on a 555 timer chip to just cut the power to the battery, which causes the overheating and premature death of batteries.

They are also very expensive and take ages to start recording. At least the model I had did.

Interested depending on how much discount we're talking.

Otherwise I'll stick with my original plan for the eprance mini 0806 that's due soon

Got any more info on the 0806 gadget? Was looking to the 0803. Can you pm me as not to thread hijack

No idea until I have an idea of units and numbers.....the more people interested the better possibility of a BIG discount.

Is it worth mentioning this in general car chat? I only came across this by chance as I don't often look in this section of the forum.

Edited by YetiVRS

The Carcamerashop.co.uk has the DR650GW pair of cameras at £289.99p at present. If we can enjoy better deals then put me down too.

These guys do group buys as I'm in contact with them to update me when the 0806/0803 Pro mini lands

Sorry to Hijack, back to Blackvue talk

Doesn't Briskoda have a sponsor for these anymore as they didn't reply to me.

The Sponsor was SmartCam which due to owner issues trades very little now.

I stopped doing the Group Buys when a sponsor selling the same product came on board.

I believe after a recent shuffle that the main UK importer is TTW partners, who I've used and are good. Bit hard to haggle with though.

Due to Blackvue producing more "top end" units with features I no longer need (preferred the older/cheaper/basic ones) I've just moved over to using Roadhawk.

Nothing to do with meeting the owner at a GTROC track day of course! :D