Phone playback through PID via bluetooth?

2SkodaFamily

Hi,

I've now got the Aux input working on the Citigo head unit itself, as it was turned off before. However, I'm interested to know if it is possible to play music via the bluetooth connection on the PID?

When I press the Media button, I now have the options "CD, Portable, Aux" where "portable" refers to the SD card content on the PID.

thanks

Martin

Hi,

I've now got the Aux input working on the Citigo head unit itself, as it was turned off before. However, I'm interested to know if it is possible to play music via the bluetooth connection on the PID?

When I press the Media button, I now have the options "CD, Portable, Aux" where "portable" refers to the SD card content on the PID.

thanks

Martin

It absolutely is, I can't remember the last journey I didn't use Bluetooth music streaming. Connect your phone to the pid by Bluetooth. Then start playing music through your phone. The car should pick up the sound and change to the right source automatically, if not, press the media button until 'Portable' is highlighted. Portable refers to the Portable Infotainment device (PID)

So it's the same as when playing from an SD card, as long as your Bluetooth is connected. You can also then use it for hands free - and when using hands free, your phone will stop playing the music and then restart the music on termination of the phone call.

So in essence, select the 'portable' option with the media button, after having connected your phone by Bluetooth. Then start playing music :-)

• Like 1

on windows phone there is an advanced option on the Bluetooth setting to "use alternative Bluetooth audio connection for speech"

this resolved some of the voice command issues and improved streamed audio

I noticed that my Samsung when BT enabled the PID recognised it and the phone worked ok through PID.

After getting a new phone (Motorola) the PID works as it should  and now the head unit goes into "Portable" mode automatically. I guess it's ready to play music from the phone, which I can't try as I haven't any on there yet.

I have an iPhone 6 paired to the PID.  Hands free works fine but playing music through Bluetooth is appalling - almost always the playback is crackly, buzzy or choppy.  Does anyone have any suggestion how I might improve things - is there some setting I'm missing on the iPhone perhaps??

OK, so interesting to hear that I seem to be in a minority here with a dodgy Bluetooth connection!  Just before I contact the dealer (again!), does anyone have any suggestions for anything I can try re configuration of either the PID or the iPhone?

There was a problem similar to this for the Amunsden unit. Some have found that resetting Network settings on the iPhone cured it. Mine is ok with that but it's just the Garmin it's not. I never had this problem with the previous Navigon.

OK, so interesting to hear that I seem to be in a minority here with a dodgy Bluetooth connection! Just before I contact the dealer (again!), does anyone have any suggestions for anything I can try re configuration of either the PID or the iPhone?

Originally, my phone wouldn't connect. I deleted the Bluetooth device from my PID via the options button at the bottom of the 'phone' section. Then just unpaired the devices. Restarted the PID and my phone and re-paired the devices. It worked every time after that.

• Like 1

My PID does not switch to BT Audio automatically. I need to:

1. Start playing music on the phone

2. Switch to "portable" on the radio

3. Go to "media" on the PID, and select "BT-audio".

That is only if the last source was the SD-card, if I streamed via BT the last time I used the car, I can skip "3".

OK... I'm still having this issue but I think I've worked out the problem.  When the PID is disconnected from the car (i.e. not in the holder), the Bluetooth works flawlessly and plays through the PID's internal speaker.  When returned to the car holder, the sound works fine for a while but then cracks up.  Removing the PID from the holder, and re-inserting it, solves the problem.

So it looks as though the connectors in the holder are either dirty, or faulty... at least I know it's not the iPhone, or the Bluetooth! 

• Like 2

The annoying thing just now is that until Bluetooth technology improves, playback as connectivity is very restricted - regardless of the mark of the phone car. Even an iPhone 6 connection to a Mercedes S Class AMG would only be as good as Bluetooth. And unfortunately, Bluetooth is not developed particularly well just now and is far from being a replacement to wired connections.

If there's a problem with the Bluetooth in the car. 99% of the time it won't be the car, PID, Or the phones fault - but rather the technology Bluetooth itself. It's ropey at the best of times. Will be interesting to see how improved the technology is in ten years time.

The key weakness in the system for me, is that it's all centred around the PID. For short journeys, I don't bother putting the PID on as I only have to take it all off again when I get to my destination. I don't leave it connected anywhere. Of course this means that on short journeys, no phone connection, and no music other than my wife's CD collection!  :x

My PID is always fitted. I live in a quiet area :D

If I select "BT Music" on the PID, the phone starts playing by itself (iPhone 5s).

• 2 weeks later...