Agreed to part ex vRS today

hostman

Hi,

Thought I'd share the part ex value of my 61 plate Fabia vRS Estate, just under 43,000 miles.

£7k

Pick up 14 plate with 5k miles Octavia vRS Estate DSG Diesel later in the week.

I thought the trade in price was quite good, warranty has expired on it now also ...

• Like 3

That's not a bad PX value.

My Partner got £7500 for her July 11 plated, with a new engine (250 miles) and one year warranty extension . 43000 miles of wear and tear.

PX  in  July 2014, with a fully loaded Fabia vRS 13 plate July with approx 6000 miles on the clock

px price means stuff all to value of car as you don;t know what was left in the new one.

If this had been a "just sold car to dealer cash" thread then it would have made sense.

Sure it's all relative, however looking around the price for the Octavia I'm paying, it seems reasonable for the market as a whole, factoring in the part ex value of my car.  It could be far worst, I could have been left with an offer less than the outstanding finance.

• Like 1

Sure it's all relative, however looking around the price for the Octavia I'm paying, it seems reasonable for the market as a whole, factoring in the part ex value of my car.  It could be far worst, I could have been left with an offer less than the outstanding finance.

true, however in my personal opinion these cars are grossly undervalued in the trade because so many people A) believe the engine doom and gloom and B) know stuff all about them.  which is great if you're a buyer and prepared to hold on to it for a while, but ****e if you are a seller.

My brother was due to get rid of his this month but decided he would just keep it another 2 years with extended Skoda warranty,  

• Like 1

Not so sure on undervalued.

June, July, Aug....2010 people bought them for around £15,00-£16,000.

Today over 4 years later,

i was at a Skoda Dealer and i can drive a 14/64 plate with 1,000 miles away for £14,500.

'Much Cheapness'.

george

proving my statement  :dull:

Not really, thats new.

You can still sell ones used, for good money, you only need one buyer, and them to trust your car is good.

Most people i meet including Traders & Dealers have no idea of 1.4 TSI Issues,

these days they do not even bother with Blue Book, Glass Guide,

They check WBAC and know the least they can punt them on for.

Skoda, VW, Seat. Audi Dealers Offers are just that.  Offers and silly prices.

But then they know thay can not shift them,

too many Great Deals available for new cars.

Many Dealers are only sending them to Auction anyway.

It is a merry go round.

• Like 1

There is for sure people trading in,

but out of the 3,000 vRS in the UK there were a fair few that were leased, and they hit the Auctions or Dealers at 3 years old.

Thats what i was thinking.

I think this will be the reason tbf.

But the residuals are actually better than many VWG Vehicles at 3 years old.

Depreciation on Golfs and Passat can be dismal.

Certainly better for the Skoda than the 3 Sister Twincharger cars from VW, Seat & Audi.,

but that is not hard.

It just that the mk1 Fabia vRS has particularly good residuals.

But the residuals are actually better than many VWG Vehicles at 3 years old.

Depreciation on Golfs and Passat can be dismal.

Certainly better for the Skoda than the 3 Sister Twincharger cars from VW, Seat & Audi.,

but that is not hard.

It just that the mk1 Fabia vRS has particularly good residuals.

I don't think depreciation on a golf is dismal

Golfs hold their value better than most

for most car buyers the Polo GTi will always be the preferred car in the trio

We know some cars do,

but sit down and do PCP calculations and they are looking at the Golfs and other losing 48% in 3 years.

It maybe never lose that much in Private Ownerships,

but Dealers and manufacturers are saying good residuals when you are buying with your money.

but when you borrow their money, they have different figures.

They want cars back cheap and sell them again.

A Polo GTI at £20,000 plus was a lovely car.

not so nice at 3 years old when you were not getting £12,000 for them.

So £22,000 & lose £10,000,

or £16,000 & lose £6,000.

The thing is, people maybe paid, £15,500 & got £11,000 at 3 year old, it depended what you were trading up to.

The Premium Model might not have the Percentage loss, but you paid that much more to drive that nicer model.

Well those that bought them did.

Around about 1/3 that bought the VW than bought the Skoda, & less than bought the SEAT.

1,300 ish Polo GTI in the UK.

The more Premium A1 185ps was a sales disaster, and you paid plenty to buy those.

Less than 500 in the UK, and oddly most registered to Dealers and then offski out of the UK 

or some oddity with the Numbers actually on the UK Roads.

Audi can artificially keep Used Prices high, by the cars never being sold second hand.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I think that's a good price and it's nice to hear people talking about depreciation as the value of a car rather than sticker price (it would appear so many of my friends need a good talking to in economics!).

It also bodes well for me wanting to trade up to a Otavia Estate vRS Diesel (kind of a dream car that I could actually own one day - you know, the Pagni Zonda just doesn't quite come into my economic package :D ) once my car gets a bit older (1.6 CR TDI 105 Monte Carlo) that I expect will be about 40-45000 miles at 3 years old with just a little bit left to pay off. The dealer has already tried having it back off me (he knows I want an estate so tried moving me into the same spec but estate form) as he reckons he can sell the diesel Montes very quickly.

Anyway, long way round of saying, yes I agree, good price. No doubt effected by the fact that you've taken out finance with them. Nice trade :clap: