First proper drive in the Citigo

2SkodaFamily

Citigopher, Hello from darkest Calne!

Did you get your Citigo from Turners?

Glad you are enjoying it. Keep your eyes open for my Citigo (may be driven by me or my daughter).

I was let out of a junction in Calne the other day by a green Elegance. Was that you?

Rob

Hi cx - I'm not far from you (closer than you think, in fact!). Yes, another satisfied Turners customer. Skodas seem pretty popular around here, due in no small part to their efforts, I suspect.

Ours is a white 5 door with a pano roof, 15" alloys and a couple of other bits. Took delivery earlier this month so have only covered about 350 miles thus far. I'll keep an eye out for yours - any distinguishing marks? Would like to get better headlights and DAB radio for mine, but other than that I'm very happy :sun: :happy: with it.

My interest is piqued by your forum name - have you really got a CX Prestige?

However, last night I drove it in the dark and rain and on unlit roads the lights were utterly pants. I looked around in vain for headlight adjustment but, finding none, I assumed that was down to it being a cheap car.

I found the adjustment this morning, craftily hidden behind the steering wheel, perfectly placed for me not to see it when I was driving. :doh:

Well I'd hardly call the CitiGo a "cheap" car. But that annoys me too -- from where I sit, the headlight adjustment and rear demister button are obscured by the steering wheel. That said, I don't tend to touch the light adjustment much now because of the permanent running lights.

Edited by ettlz

Have to say I love driving the little monster although when I do I miss the cruise control and parking sensors.

Absolutely brilliant in a car park - will fit into almost any space even if the other cars are squint.

• Like 1

I am afraid my CX owning days are long past, I was chair of the Citroen Car Club CX section and will forever have LHM in my blood :( The avatar has stuck and seems unlikely to change now.

My other cars are the daily hack Volvo C30 2.0d powershift, Banham Sprint (An Austin Healy Sprite on a Mini floorpan and mechanicals, all built by yours truly) and a 1975 Land Rover Series III SWB 'kit' current spread over the garage!

The Land Rover is a bit of a lost cause now as it was a project that I started with my father who passed away this year from prostate cancer. Strangely enough I have somewhat lost enthusiasm for it despite have spent a lot on it and done a lot of welding. It will be appearing on Ebay soon to shift it to someone with a fresh approach.

I will PM you with my contact details to avoid cluttering the topic any further. Sorry guys!

Rob

Have to say I love driving the little monster although when I do I miss the cruise control and parking sensors.

Absolutely brilliant in a car park - will fit into almost any space even if the other cars are squint.

I park mine as far away from other cars in a carpark! I try to avoid dents. Car parks up here at notorious for people who have no respect for others' property. A long walk for me does the trick!