Skoda Fabia MK2 vRS 2010 - 2014, How Many Left. Members driving them.

I gave my best and most favourite Twncharger away to a Loved one.

Remapped, new Plugs in, good oil, good tyres, bullet proof. I told them it must get Tesco Momentum, or Shell V-Power if nothing else.

The other day i was in it and there was 70 mile range but an average MPG showing of 38MPG.

I said they best go to the Shell filling station and fill up with V-Power Nitro+, (it was 1 mile away.) and they said they at Morrisons last time for £20, and often go to BP Super or where ever.

Too much bother searching out a Tesco or Shell Filling station.

(I asked what was wrong with going to Tesco and filling up and getting 350 miles and if near one again doing the same, or going to a Shell.)

So today they call, cars got no power, i said go careful get Tesco or Shell in, then i get a call it is in Limp Mode, no power,  cars not going right,

how can it just be petrol ???.

Now a call its going to some guy that will check it out, and i said leave it be, get fuel in and do not tamper.

It turns out the tank is full and i am not being believed that there is nothing the guy can do but reset if any codes show, and if they are it will be for mis-fires.

Pithed off by an idiot is an understatement.

Edited by Offski

I might need to sort it out.  But learned often enough, 'never go back'.

EDIT,

Fault Codes, Fuel Pressure, Misfire etc.  Now cancelled.

They are draining off the petrol, changing the fuel filter and then good petrol is going in.

Edited by Offski

Unexpectedly, after five years of ownership I've bowed out. Thoroughly enjoyed but all good things must come to an end (and that's the longest I've owned any car).

• Like 2

Still undecided, George - got a few things in my head and may take my time.

Got out while the going was good! Smart man.

We had very similar vRS's and it was interesting reading your posts over the years. Wish I would have sold mine before the engine went, but hindsight's a bit*h, ain't it!

Good luck finding your next motor mate.

• Like 1

So i have my old car back to get in fixed in the 3 weeks before it is needed again.

The best MPG you can probably get is with one in limp mode with the Turbo Inhibited.

I had to take it into the Skoda Dealership to speak to the Master Tech and book it in for the £85 Diagnostic (& thats just the start of the cost to repair obviously.)

So Fault Code P10ADA

Magnetic Clutch Active for mechanical charger-open circuit.

Runs just fine only there is no Turbo.

So a 50 Mile round trip with it brimmed before i went and i was just keeping it to under 2,4000 rpm and it was showing low 60's mpg which is just what is in the dash, 

so i went and put petrol in to brim it again when i got and could only get 4 litres in.

If it was not for the need of a Turbo and the need for speed occasionally i think i would run one in Limp Mode as a daily driver.

post-86161-0-98874900-1476198858_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-91989500-1476198894_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-21497700-1476198917_thumb.jpg

Remapped, new Plugs in . . . it must get Tesco Momentum, or Shell V-Power

What total and utter nonsense.

• Remapped - ASKING FOR TROUBLE
  • New but doubtless not the recommended plugs - ASKING FOR TROUBLE
  • Tesco Momentum, or Shell V-Power - HARMLESS BUT QUITE POINTLESS

When buying second hand, buy from a reputable source, not some random bloke selling off the street.

Don't "mess" with a somewhat suspect, highly tuned engine.

Use the consumables recommended by the manufacturer.

Get the vehicle serviced by an authorised dealer.

Use 97 RON fuel, ideally always from the same company (e.g. Esso) or if you must, use 99 RON - BUT DON'T CHOP AND CHANGE.

You then have a reasonable chance of enjoying a great car.

You know that is rubbish.

The 5w 30 FS Long life VW504 and OEM Spark Plugs are an issue and likely to cause issues.

The recommended fuel is Super 98, not 97.

Get the vehicle serviced by a main dealer and have a Warranty after the Manufacturers Warranty and do not modify.

Because if you use a Main Dealer and follow the Service Schedule / Guidelines and have no Warranty after the Manufacturers Warranty the the VW Group might still not want to know.

Or actually enjoy the car and have some common sense and do not listen to someone that knows jack sh!te about the cars or engines.

• Like 2

Nearly three years of ownership now with my cave estate. Had to have a new water pump fitted yesterday :-( £320. Was surprised it went. Only 43k on the clock but granted, its five years old this month.

That's the only thing I've had to repair since owning! Fingers crossed that's it for a while.

• Like 1

I am checking one this morning that might have a bit of a coolant leak.

I hope it is the Water Pump and not Supercharger related.

Then i notice the rear reversing sensors are not working but the car shows on the radio when reverse is selected and the rear wiper goes on.

2 dipped beam bulbs gone but the driver has no idea how long they have been out, so that shows how crap the standard dipped beam is really.

Sadly i heard last night of a young lad that has just had conformation that his Seat Ibiza Twincharger's engine is toast.

No compression Cylinder 1.

So he is on the look out for a used engine.....

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

'Water pump failures'.

Edited by Offski

No somebody who recently bought one and has just had the engine changed, 13 plate.  Felt a bit sluggish when we went for a tear-up.  Different engine version to mine mind you plus we weight about quarter of a ton between us, (both well over 6 footers).

Was using a bit too much oil, old story, hence replacement, think it has thirty something K miles on it.  Must get the Clio RS when the next endowment comes in, no point in putting into a savings account with current rates.      

Exchanged mine in September after 3 years for a new Fabia Monte Carlo.  After over 2 years of trying to get the oil consumption sorted out it had the breather mod done last December and for the last 9 months I had it it was like a new car.  I was sorely tempted to keep it as I loved the power and drive but I just couldn't shake all the negativity I'd had with it and knowing my luck it would have broken down again!

The new Fabia is nice but just not got the oomph although it was the wife's decision to buy as she just loved the panoramic sunroof :)

Sep 2010 Fabia VRS. Rallye Green + Green roof. Done 35K

CAVE engine with oil issues, but runs fine, I think mine is a 'good oil burner' if there is such a thing! Awaiting Squirter fixes! 

Took it for a blast in Sport mode yesterday to clear some carbon out, I really will miss this car if I give up on it. 

Not really noticed before but does S mode firm up the suspension?

Really noticed yesterday on some bumpy windy road

Edited by Kobayashi

Defo seems to 'grip' better in S Mode even tho it is a bit over revve'd for my liking

Totally in your head I'm afraid. S mode on the gearbox just alters the shift points but makes no difference to handling/suspension. Fabia's have never been available with adaptive dampers :-)

• Like 2

The tyres do the gripping.  Unless your cars modified it just has 4 springs and 4 dampers and no adjustability when moving.

You have XDS and you have Traction Control, XDS nips a brake to stop a wheel that is losing traction, so maybe spirited driving it did feel like it had more grip. 

and many switch Traction Control off because it can cut power if it detects wheel spin.

(You have ESP as well.)

S only hold the gear for longer and you have 6 speed in S and 7 speed in D.

I use S for decelerating sometimes, but never to accelerate,

or on Snowy roads when going slow and not wanting to use brakes.

I just drive in D and drop the stick back to S to slow down, then back to D, if not using manual that is.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 2

Only ever took traction control off at traffic lights  when i can sense being 'cut up'.  :p  thanks for the insight it must be the XDS i can feel! 

Sometimes when overtaking D seems too low revs  and S seems way too high, i should really learn the paddles more,

I defo use S going into roundabout especially if car not warmed up (for slowing down)as  sometimes in D it will judder slightly forwards.

either that or ESP means extra sensory perception!

Edited by Kobayashi

tweenster #9

De-stickered S2000 model still going strong on the original CAVE engine as it approaches 50,000 miles. It does use some oil but it seems to have stabilised and I can almost predict how much I need to top up depending on mileage completed. Wheels could do with some TLC as they have some kerb marks but, at the end of the day, it is Mrs T's car and she absolutely loves it.

Edited by tweenster

• 1 month later...