Walking Dead tv series (no spoilers please)

Adam_

Actually that's just made my mind up and I am cancelling my recording scheduled of TWD as of now. Followed it since it first came on and loved it, but it's just trash body shock pap as far as I can see now :(

Shame as I love a good Zombie romp :(

I agree, im going to do the same. (maybe... will see how next weeks is :D )

It really was pointless violence... Im not to bothered about that as such more that its nothing to do with zombies anymore.

• Like 1

Yes, I thought the idea of a world wide plague was going to lead somewhere, but it just turned into a low rent slasher series. I have always found 'survivor' series to be dull and never-ending, so just throwing in a bit of gore isn't going to make it any more appealing. Shame really as the first few series were really promising and even latterly, there where some great highlights, but now it's just people killing each other in the messiest way imaginable 

Yes, I thought the idea of a world wide plague was going to lead somewhere, but it just turned into a low rent slasher series. I have always found 'survivor' series to be dull and never-ending, so just throwing in a bit of gore isn't going to make it any more appealing. Shame really as the first few series were really promising and even latterly, there where some great highlights, but now it's just people killing each other in the messiest way imaginable 

Did you watch the recap episode last week?

That was great going back to series 1 episode 1, was good seeing it from the start again.

They basically started at S1 E1 and went through every episode until now. The other thing getting me is people jumping on the band wagon all over facebook saying "woooow amazing" when they havnt even watched any of the previous series!

Im going to watch iZombies as suggested above though.

Edit: just watched the trailer, i used to enjoy Veronica Mars who direct this as well so looking farward to it!

ps, Containments been good this last series also

Edited by hutchysrs50
  • Like 1

The other thing getting me is people jumping on the band wagon all over facebook saying "woooow amazing" when they havnt even watched any of the previous series!

Totally agree. They know nothing of the story and don't deserve an opinion on it.

Also regarding the blood lust. At which point did it get too much? When Rick killed his best mate? Or when Karl cut a baby out of his mother then shot her? Or when Rick bit that guys throat out? Etc etc. It was necessary to build Negans character quickly it will calm down now until the end of the series.

Walking dead always starts big and ends big.

• Like 1

It started with that epic opener of Zombie hordes (or as I should refer to them, 'Walkers' as they don't refer to Zombies) and seemingly impossible odds for an escape. there was real drama and a sense of dread. It has always been violent, but last nights episode was just boring, washed down with a heavy dose of trash movie slasher style violence. So yes, Nagan is a bad guy, I get that, but the slaughter scene and subsequent breaking of Rick didn't do anything new and just looked like the writers had run out of ideas and went for the lowest common denominator. The show is now turning into a soap opera :( Nothing ever happens of any worth, we don't get to see any hope of an end or change of circumstance. All we see is the same old script rehashed a few different ways with new versions of 'mans cruelty to man'. 

The comics will no doubt run for a while longer, but I will lay money on the TV show will die a death (can a Zombie show die a death??) long before the comics reach a conclusion and millions of fans of the tv show will be left fuming and wondering at what went wrong. Imho the writers need to say they will do two or 3 more series and then end it. it gives some sort of structure to the proceedings and gives up hope of something new. 

Only my opinion of course, but as a lover of horror books and films since I was young, for me this series has gone from the most exciting thing on telly to one of the most boring :(

Oh and will Rick wash his bloody hair. It's the most repulsive and horrific thing on the show!! 

Out of interest, if anyone has read the comics, does it go anywhere? Come to a conclusion?

I looked this up yesterday and see it's still ongoing and potentially few series in front of the current show. Sadly my fears look to be grounded in some reality. 

I'm glad some other people didn't like it either. I hated it tbh, I'm not bothered about the second one getting killed as he was annoying. It is just mindless violence and a load of unnecessary grandstanding my 'Negan'. I got so bored of him talking rubbish.

I thought they went to Washington to find a cure and still what the chances of survival are, they have made no attempt to get there. I think I've been spoiled by watching fear the walking dead which still has a story going on and is much better.

• Like 2

I'm glad some other people didn't like it either. I hated it tbh, I'm not bothered about the second one getting killed as he was annoying. It is just mindless violence and a load of unnecessary grandstanding my 'Negan'. I got so bored of him talking rubbish.

I thought they went to Washington to find a cure and still what the chances of survival are, they have made no attempt to get there. I think I've been spoiled by watching fear the walking dead which still has a story going on and is much better.

Exactly. I want them to have a mission, a goal to aim for. All it is is zombie groundhog day. Well, not even zombies just the survivors doing unspeakable things to each other. It could do so much more but it feels constrained, limited to a tiny area, which is probably deliberate.

Yeah, definitely was. Didn't like it either mind, found myself thinking "I just don't care" "good, you run away 'again' hopefully get killed this time so I don't have to listen to you whine on all series"

What was the funny bit again?

• Like 1

This week we got to hear some music.

Fascinating stuff this series... :/

Hmmmm, rather unusual episode this week - however I suspect it will start to liven up a bit from next week, now that we have caught up with what's happened since the opener.

• Like 1

I think the next episode is the first time Negan knocks on the door at Alexandria. I agree that the music was a bit off putting but I guess it was designed for you to see it through Daryl's eyes and drive us mad too

• Like 1