Ordered a new Octavia 2.0tdi Elegance yesterday...

Hi all,

After having my previous Skoda (Fabia Monte Carlo) written off courtesy of a speeding motorcyclist, I've gone back to an Octavia....and I can't wait!!!!!!!

I've ordered a 5dr candy white 2.0tdi (150ps) elegance with:

Full heated black leather

18" Golus wheels

Sunset glass

Sports exterior style package (black edition)

Due to my circumstances I've had to go with what's at the port (continent side), as I couldn't wait the 12 week build time....

Any thoughts/opinions on this particular model welcome.

I look forward to joining in with the forum once I get my hands on it - hopefully within the next week or two.

Steve :)

• Like 1

Sorry to read about your mishap, hope all parties are ok.

From what I gather from the forum, I don't believe anybody who owns the 150 Diesel is anything other than very please so I reckon you should be fine.

• Like 2

I have a new 150 tdi DSG Elegance estate and the drive and engine are fantastic. loads of power and very quiet and smooth. I have only had the car for 4 weeks and it is doing 48 mpg average already. You wont be disappointed!

• Like 1

I've got the 150tdi with full leather and heated seats - I love it, and now easily get 54mpg on a relatively short (25 mile) journey to work. Enjoy!!

I found the sport button.... 50 is a target but hard to achieve when it drives so nice now the engine has become a bit more free. It's rather easy to get a bit to deeply engrossed in pressing on in a journey.

Back on topic, mine is just the hatchback model but I love it to bits. By far the nicest car I've ever had. You will love the heated seats and the rest of the winter pack. I've started to get use out of it in recent weeks.

This thread is worth a drool in

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/296662-post-your-mk3-octavia-photos/

Plenty of shots to look at.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/296662-post-your-mk3-octavia-photos/?p=3874783

My car. 2.0TDI elegance hatch with winter pack and everything else standard.

Edited by Astec123

15649807206_b477126d93_b.jpg

Is that trim on top of the bumper (where the boot closes) standard?

No..that's a bumper protector from Rearguards.co.uk.. Think I paid £50 and they fitted it for me. It has been the best £50 I spent on the car..  a server was dropped onto it by accident..not a mark. If that had been just the bumper there would have been a large gouge in the plastic. If you go back to my flikr photos I posted a video with some close ups of it.

• Like 1

Thanks Keith - my Superb (also white) has suffered quite badly in this area over the 3 years I've had it. That guard appears to have protected yours then, will perhaps have to consider when I change the car.

• Like 1

Thanks Keith - my Superb (also white) has suffered quite badly in this area over the 3 years I've had it. That guard appears to have protected yours then, will perhaps have to consider when I change the car.

I can honestly say it's worth the money..  with my job moving servers and networking kit around I was concerned about damaging the bumper. This protector actually goes over the lip of the bumper..not found any other that did this.

• Like 1

You'll love it - I got mine January this year, 2.0l tdi Elegance in Candy White and the following extras:

Electric adjustable Memory seats (and mirrors)

Winter pack

Bi-xenons (with cornering fogs)

ipod interface (Mitsumi)

3 spoke wheel with paddle shift and DSG auto

Parking assist (novelty value to show to friends and family - but really got for the front parking sensors)

Just done 16,000 miles and two recent trips to Newcastle (in mixed 50 mph limit areas on the M1/A1 and 'spirited' driving when out of these sections) I got 55.5 mpg and 57.0 mpg - nice.

If you have the inclination, the footwell light retrofit is a nice addition to the whole cabin ambience.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Similar experience to mine, old car Mondeo Estate wiped out whilst stationary at a junction, driver behind ran straight into me at full speed! It doesn't leave you the luxury of time to wait for exactly the car that you want though as you can't really hang onto a courtesy car for months on end.

Sounds like a good spec you've chosen, pretty much what I would have liked with engine choice and winter pack. But my "choice" was one Elegance Estate car with 1.6TD in cappacino beige or wait up to 4 months, so beige it had to be. Only thing that I really wanted was the heated seats though, I got a strap on heated seat cover from Lidl for about £10 which worked fairly well for a while, mind you it only works on the back part now, obviously not built to last...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...