Will this double din fit?

I've been looking at the following unit and just curious as to whether it would fit, the seller says yes and the web page suggests it would.

I know they aren't to everyone's tastes, but I've had one before and it was brilliant (an older model though running WinCE)

Looking over on XDA Forums and they can be customized to, just like any android product.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-VW-Car-DVD-Stereo-GPS-3G-WIFI-Pure-Android-4-2-F-Vento-Caddy-Jetta-T5-Tiguan-/221483872424

Amazing spec for the price. Sat-nav included?

Yeah has everything on it! I was very impressed with the one I had in my Cupra and these get very good reviews, even have threads over on XDA for modifying them (should also work with the climate controls)

Does this work with canbus as well?

it says ISO cable with Canbus, but I've know idea what that actually means. What does "work with canbus" mean it will do?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

The surround you need, I take it that's the fascia where the stereo sits and the temperature controls are? I've got the stream in mine at the moment. Would I need to change to the bolero surround? Sorry to hound you with questions but I'm interested in fitting this unit.

This is very interesting double din.

How long does it take to boot up? Didn't look at xda yet but is it possible to root it?

I'm thinking to get dd unit too but it's so hard to choose the right one.

I guess it has ability for 2 zones, do you think that what I'm after would work? Music playback and satnav for zone 1 (front) and dvd/xvid playback for zone 2 (rear) - probably seat headrest build-in display.

How it the display readable on direct sunlight?

This is very interesting double din.

How long does it take to boot up? Didn't look at xda yet but is it possible to root it?

I'm thinking to get dd unit too but it's so hard to choose the right one.

I guess it has ability for 2 zones, do you think that what I'm after would work? Music playback and satnav for zone 1 (front) and dvd/xvid playback for zone 2 (rear) - probably seat headrest build-in display.

How it the display readable on direct sunlight?

There are various different units to choose from, the XDA thread lists the differences.

My unit is rooted, was very simple to do. Boot up is longer than standard, about the same time as a mobile phone (30 seconds or so)

Not sure how the dual zone works, it's not something I've looked at yet. Next up is a reverse camera, then the screens in the headrests for the kids.

The screen can be adjusted, brighter or darker, no problems so far seeing it in the sun

Climate controls all show up, even shows which door is open

For the price, it's a cracking unit

Exactly the same as my ANS810 unit, good unit other than the ANS uses proprietary software based on win CE

stereo

do you get rear parking sensors displayed? im pondering changing mine as I want android instead of the WINCE for a few reasons

Exactly the same as my ANS810 unit, good unit other than the ANS uses proprietary software based on win CE

do you get rear parking sensors displayed? im pondering changing mine as I want android instead of the WINCE for a few reasons

I don't have the parking sensors on my car, but the option is there with the unit. It comes with a canbus thing attached to the wiring and everything works with it.

I'm looking at a wireless reverse camera, but need to find one that fits the Octavia number plate light, most are listed for the Superb, so I don't know if it'll fit.

Great value for money [emoji3]

Hi mate, I'm looking at a similar double din 8 inch unit. Just wondering did the Columbus/amunsden facia fit with the new unit?

And also what year is you're octy as the dimensions of the unit you fitted is same as one I'm looking at but just not listed for octy with company I'm looking to buy with etc. So just wanted to check or possibly but same as you as will then know fits all good 

Cheers Olly 

HHHHMMMMM.... this is very interesting I was looking at the kenwood units to replace my colombus. But being an android freak I may invest in this. Jus out of curiosity Bubba, which MKII is your car. Mine is the 55 plate pre-fl MKII

Cheers

Maj

Hi mate, I'm looking at a similar double din 8 inch unit. Just wondering did the Columbus/amunsden facia fit with the new unit?

And also what year is you're octy as the dimensions of the unit you fitted is same as one I'm looking at but just not listed for octy with company I'm looking to buy with etc. So just wanted to check or possibly but same as you as will then know fits all good

Cheers Olly

I haven't got the facia yet, still on back order with Skoda, fingers crossed it'll be in next week.

Mine is a 2009 face lift Vrs. Do you have a link to the unit you're looking at?

This is the thread on the XDA forum, lots of info on which units are good

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2660662

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apologies to hijack this thread but I've been looking at this with interest. I have a 2011 facelift VRS with the standard Bolero installed and a rather ugly looking Parrot CK3100 kit to boot. I get ribbed because it resembles something a taxi driver would use :D

Not to mention the double sticky back pad that has been used to attach it and has gone mingin! I want rid of it.

I want a system that I can use with my Samsung S5 phone. It always seems to be the same where it mentions connectivity/streaming for the iPhone/iPod. I take it as it's Android it will be compatible with my S5? Also, the satnav feature is nice but the DVD player isn't imperative. Any advice anyone?