Calling all APR tuned 2.0 TSI's- feedback needed please

Approaching 20k miles in my VRS TSI and have to say I'm mighty impressed with the car so far, to the point that I might treat the car to something new!

I'm thinking of the APR stage 1 map, however there's not a lot of feedback around from owners that have had this done.

I use my car a lot for work so cover the miles, good reason why my long term average is above 40mpg and my best trip average so far has been 50.3mpg.

So, if any owners have taken the plunge, I'd really appreciate their feedback on the stage 1 remap and how it impacts both the overall performance and fuel economy and trust me with 320bhp and 381flbt I'm well aware of just how quick it will make the car,..

Many thanks in advance.

I am looking into getting the apr map next week, after getting 240ish bhp on the rolling road last week the bloke at amd asked if I was interested in a remap he would do a good price for me.

If I get it anytime soon ill give you some feedback

I am looking into getting the apr map next week, after getting 240ish bhp on the rolling road last week the bloke at amd asked if I was interested in a remap he would do a good price for me.

If I get it anytime soon ill give you some feedback

Please do let me know how you get on, interestingly, the TSI's seem to be getting a bit more than stock numbers.

If you don't mind me asking what price are they quoting you and what gains are they expecting?

Any reason to chose APR over REVO? I am considering a remap also one the warranty ticks down a little bit more (only 5 months old). I'd be interested to hear your decision making process with regard to choosing your tuning supplier. Cheers.

Any reason to chose APR over REVO? I am considering a remap also one the warranty ticks down a little bit more (only 5 months old). I'd be interested to hear your decision making process with regard to choosing your tuning supplier. Cheers.

No real reason to be honest other than for bang for buck the APR tune gives you slightly more for your money.

I would much prefer a switchable unit, like Revo and Superchips Bluefin do as it would allow you to easily switch back to stock if needed.

Plus living in Bournemouth means there aren't many of either dealers locally should things go wrong.

I'd love to rolling road my car as it's defo putting out a lot more than the suggested numbers, this could be down to the fact that I have only ever run it on 99 ron fuel, it's a year old now and has 20k miles on the clock. I reckon it's running at least 245-250bhp and over 290flbt anyway!

Happy to open this up to feedback on any map for the 2.0TSI,..

That's fair enough telboy, I had a look on the APR site last night and they do look good. The induction kit and other tuning products they do look good also. Two things that are stopping me from getting a remap and other tuning bits are warranty and insurance.... :/

I would definitely like one of those induction kits, they look smart.

The warranty issue does worry me but if the **** hits the fan ill just have to save up and pay for it.

Im going to have a chat with amd tomorrow and see how much the induction kit is

No real reason to be honest other than for bang for buck the APR tune gives you slightly more for your money.

I would much prefer a switchable unit, like Revo and Superchips Bluefin do as it would allow you to easily switch back to stock if needed.

Plus living in Bournemouth means there aren't many of either dealers locally should things go wrong.

I'd love to rolling road my car as it's defo putting out a lot more than the suggested numbers, this could be down to the fact that I have only ever run it on 99 ron fuel, it's a year old now and has 20k miles on the clock. I reckon it's running at least 245-250bhp and over 290flbt anyway!

Happy to open this up to feedback on any map for the 2.0TSI,..

There's not many of us around Bournemouth area on here [emoji57]

Came across this in a Mk7 GTi forum

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6384

Several APR mapped GTis blown their turbos

And there are just as more without blown turbos. It's a risk but many are getting them covered under warranty despite the tune. I haven't heard of any RS Octavias with blown turbos. Are the engines coming from the same factory?