Wheel arch liners

alastairc

I got rear liners last week but the lad in dealers was not keen to poke around looking for holes even though I had given them instruction print out for UP model.
They are taped over then sealer applied, so are invisible unless you know where to look.
Went back to see group service manager who found 1st hole with liner held in place then found the others.
I did not have the square hole plugs and bolts at the time but once they were delivered they were soon put in place.
The parts are all listed on VW web site, not on Skoda site. Cost is £75 total for liners, adapters and fittings.
They fit snugly round rear mud flaps.

I have also got grey felt from the backs of a scrapped Fabia and have fitted to sides of inner wheel arches inside boot, this protects the Tornado paint and also gives sound deadening.
It is very quiet now

It is amazing the difference with liners and soundproofing

• Like 2

West End Garage Edinburgh supplied and fitted them.

Cost is £68 for liners and adapters and £7 for fittings.

The holes are already there covered in sealer so there is no drilling to do, or my friendly dealer would not have done the job.

It transforms the car on wet days, I used to hear the water above 30mph but now it is quiet.

I also have mud flaps front and rear.

Also helping to make it quiet is lining the inner wheel arches in boot.

I got a couple of gray felt panels from back seats of a Fabia from scrap yard, cut templates from a cornflake box then cut felt.

It is the same both sides so I just reversed the template for other side, then fixed on with Eco stick the type that gives you a few minutes to adjust.

• Like 1

Parts have to be ordered from vw dealers, I don't think they were Skoda sourced.

1S0 810 971 left hand side wheel arch liner

1S0 810 972 right hand side wheel arch liner

1S0 810 987 9b9 left hand lower adapter

1S0 810 988. 9b9 right hand lower adapter

4 x n 106 213 01 expanding nut

6 x n 908 338 01 expanding nut

14 x n 909 747 01hex socket head panel bolts

Fitting instructions are linked through VW up wheel arch liners ( Google it )

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi old Al, Just took delivery of a Citigroup elegance,sounds a good project wheel arch liners,was it a perticular awkward task putting the liners in place?

Hi old Al, Just took delivery of a Citigroup elegance,sounds a good project wheel arch liners,was it a perticular awkward task putting the liners in place?

Al hasn't been active since last November, I feel like you'll be waiting a while for a response, perhaps make a post in the Citigo section here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/216-skoda-citigo/ You'll probably get a quicker answer than posting here :thumbup: welcome to the wonderful world of a Citigo :)

hi freedom, many thanks for the response,have found quite a bit mor regarding rear liners etc,seems a good idea if one plans to keep the car for a long time,got my citigo on thursday do like it so far,still trying to set up the pid s/nav i got the 5dr elegance in tornado red,cheers david.    ROY

hi freedom, many thanks for the response,have found quite a bit mor regarding rear liners etc,seems a good idea if one plans to keep the car for a long time,got my citigo on thursday do like it so far,still trying to set up the pid s/nav i got the 5dr elegance in tornado red,cheers david. ROY

Red is the best colour! If you need any help with the PID just give us a buzz [emoji106]

Hi David, I am having problems with the PID,it keeps going into foreign settings,is it true you can't use postcode but to put street city etc,I have messed about with it since I picked up the Citigo Thursday but can't crack it,if you can throw some light on how to set it up that would be good,was going to go back to MOTORLINE they are the dealers f I can't get it going,other than that I do like the car very much something about its qute ness,I find it better than a lot of the reviewers have said and find it pretty nippy many thanks if you can help. Roy

Also you can download the Garmin manual online. It's about 140 pages long. It tells you everything you need to know about your PID [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll get a video up of the features tonight for you

Scratch that, if you can wait until Wednesday Roy I think I'll make a walkthrough showing all the features and settings of the PID and post it in the Citigo Technical section as a guide that's available to view whenever

• Like 1

Cheers for that David it would be good to get it setup I can normally work these gadgets out but this has stump me,don't like to think I'm to old in the tooth but for some reason unless it is faulty,ok matey that would be good if you can put me straight.Roy

Also you can download the Garmin manual online. It's about 140 pages long. It tells you everything you need to know about your PID [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi stormchaser,thanks for that i have downloaded it but still cant get it to respond,think i shall return it to dealer incase of a fault with it brother inlaw has a similar version satnav and he had no luck,but thanks for your kind response.    ROY

• Like 1

It does seem you have a fault somewhere, you also have a manual on the PID itself, on the main screen that allows you to go to each option (car status phone etc) click the (I think it's called this) "More" button, the one at the very bottom, that has the manual in that section