DSG drivers; Who left foot brakes?

Can't say I've ever done this tbh. I'd imagine I'd press it way too hard and end up doing an emergency stop lol!

You need to use the left foot on the brake in the M135i to activate the launch control function but that's only when stationary of course :-)

I used to do it all the time when i had my fabia, spent a few days practising on back roads when there was none around and got used to it pretty quickly so ended up doing it all the time for about the final year of ownership

Using one foot to press the accelerator and the other to press the brake and not on both at the same time is no issue in the Twinchargers /dsg.

Its just driving as normal with 2 feet used.

Being Off one pedal before being on the other, is just driving a DSG, the fact 2 feet are being used might just mean

you are doing at as you want to.

Rather different left foot braking techniques, and trailing throttle etc, throttle and brake being used at the same time,

that is where the Software cuts power.

It can really mess up what the XDS does, and your understeer / oversteer, and traction / drive mid corner if you get it wrong.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I tried it and like the Grinch, nearly ended up through the windscreen.

I think its because my left foot is used to pressing the clutch, and as weird as it sounds, seems kinda less controllable because I'm not used to it lol.

• Like 1

Not for me but have a look at Senna's nifty foot action in the nsx, imagine rolling your foot across accelerate and brake at the same time it's ok in a manual but not Dsg

Interesting to hear other people's thoughts! I do like to do a lot of go-karting, so it stems from that really. In Karts you can't use the throttle and brakes together so I don't in the Fabia either.

It makes sense when pushing on as I can trial brake into corners etc and then quickly feather the throttle and brakes without shifting my big clumsy feet around!

When we had the Fabia, I did most of the time, I also do it now in the 330d it is quite a normal thing to do when you have been on the fork lift at work which is a left foot braking machine.

Once you get used to the feel it becomes second nature.

When we had the Fabia, I did most of the time, I also do it now in the 330d it is quite a normal thing to do when you have been on the fork lift at work which is a left foot braking machine.

Once you get used to the feel it becomes second nature.

Untill you hop in one that has hydrostatic braking and the left peddle is for reverse...caught me out a few times :D

• Like 1