Should oil look black 2months after service?

DarrellGB

Checking the fuel levels and the oil is black were checking before it's always been more of a dark gold/brown. Wasn't expecting the oil to look this dark so soon after its service.

Is this normal in a diesel? Excuse me if I just sound like a complete numpty but this is the first diesel I've actually owned!!

Thanks in advance :)

Diesel they go black from turn of the key.  Many a person has been back to complain about the oil not being changed only to be given a picture of their sump plug off and draining away.  i know thats what my mate does it his garage.

1.4 Tsi's are the same, 

• Like 1

Nothing to worry about - my Octavia went from nice clean looking oil to very black in that time frame!

My petrol fiesta does the same too, so I don't think there is anything to worry about :)

Useful to know - my recently bought octy has very black oil, despite being serviced only a few months and not many miles ago. Thought it might be due another change as my old Fabia MPI didn't turn the oil black at all, but I guess it'll be good for a while yet then.

• Like 1

I had a 2.5 TD BMW. The oil was black as coal (remember that) after the first run after an oil change, horrible stuff. Most will be the same whatever the derv engine.

Edited by MickA
  • Like 1

Yep, it will be dirty within minutes on a diesel, nothing to worry about.

I checked the oil level on mine the day after it was serviced..

The oil looked dirty - but not quite as dirty as it looked before the service.

As above, nothing to worry about.

• Like 1