Things you hate: send to Room 101

mender

Sales reps that are "in the area and would like to pop in for a chat" or "are new and would like to introduce themselves".

Especially ones from companies I've never bought anything from.

Edited by Aspman

Sales reps that are "in the area and would like to pop in for a chat" or "are new and would like to introduce themselves".

Especially ones from companies I've never bought anything from.

We get this all the time.

Then they meet you at a cafè or carpark and take up an hour of your day that you didnt even have spare, to woffle on and try to be funny.

Now its, No thanks. I havent got time today. Maybe another time.

We get this all the time.

Then they meet you at a cafè or carpark and take up an hour of your day that you didnt even have spare, to woffle on and try to be funny.

Now its, No thanks. I havent got time today. Maybe another time.

I don't even give them that. I feel a bit sorry for them, it's a tough job selling but from me it's "Sorry I've no time and I don't see any purpose in it right now, give me your contact detail and I'll get in touch with you if I've anything relevant"

• Like 1

Is that like the people that keep hanging about our rest room/sign off room at work trying to get us to sign up for insurance? As if I want to spent half my break listening to some bull**** sales patter.

Not quite this lot are trying to sell to the business and I'm the gatekeeper/influencer on a lot of stuff even if don't have any budget myself.

can I also put "women's birthdays" in 101. Currently studying hair straighteners for SWMBOs birthday. Easy choice would be GHDs but I can't afford them and everything else is just one bit pot of hair stuff. Erring on the cheap side since she'll not like anything that isn't labelled GHD.

I'm off to pick a fight with a tramp and restore my masculinity.

Pumpkin soup, I spent most of last night chasing the duvet around the bedroom, in the shower this morning, with the aid of a hose pipe, grease and some gaffer tape, I could have inflated a medium sized dirigible (it sounded like the mainsail on a four mast schooner ripping). Fortunately by the time I sat down for breakfast I just had random quacks like a lonely duck. Evil stuff yer pumpkin soup.

• Like 3

Pumpkin soup, I spent most of last night chasing the duvet around the bedroom, in the shower this morning, with the aid of a hose pipe, grease and some gaffer tape, I could have inflated a medium sized dirigible (it sounded like the mainsail on a four mast schooner ripping). Fortunately by the time I sat down for breakfast I just had random quacks like a lonely duck. Evil stuff yer pumpkin soup.

1747187_f260.jpg

• Like 1

Or any vegetable soup. Made roast pepper and butternut squash soup a couple of weeks ago and it had the same effect.