Things you hate: send to Room 101

mender

What things really irritate you and you wish they had never been invented?

Here's a few of mine:

GLITTER

What in the name of god is this for?  It gets everywhere and is easily inhaled too.  Horrid nonsense.

God, I hate it.  Every single item related to children comes covered in the stuff, like a plague of plastic disease.

ROUND SHOE LACES

Why are these produced over the flat laces?  Even coated in wax, they come undone.  Whhhhyyyyyy??

KEY-IN-IGNITION ALARM

I put the keys there, I know, I KNOW.  Worse in Suzukis when the alarm sounds as you put the key in with the door open, not just after switching off and opening the door.

PHONE KEYPAD BEEPS

The most irritating sound ever in the world

REVERSING SENSORS

They tell you to stop 6 inches away from the obstruction and make a stupid noise.  I can park the car to 6 inches, thanks.  Either buy a car you can park, learn how to park the car you have got or get the proper solution; a SILENT camera.  Way past their sell by date now and highly irritating. 

(tellingly, most bumper repairs I do are on bumpers with sensors-people often ignore them!)

I could write a book, but that's it for now...

WHAT WOULD YOU SEND TO ROOM 101?

What things really irritate you and you wish they had never been invented?

Here's a few of mine:

REVERSING SENSORS

They tell you to stop 6 inches away from the obstruction and make a stupid noise. I can park the car to 6 inches, thanks. Either buy a car you can park, learn how to park the car you have got or get the proper solution; a SILENT camera. Way past their sell by date now and highly irritating.

(tellingly, most bumper repairs I do are on bumpers with sensors-people often ignore them!)

I have to disagree with the reversing sensor sorry.

The more curved cars get, the more useful as they become. Mirrors can be rubbish and deceiving.

I love mine. Its a good safety net on a dark wet night when you cant see anything because the reversing lights are often carp.

Oh where to start!

- 'Powered by Fairy Dust' rear window signs - Enough said

- 'Baby on Board' rear window signs - Regardless to whether you have a sporg on board or not, I don't plan to change my driving behaviour. Trust me, I don't plan on crashing into you so do not worry!

- People who drive around with a phone plastered to the side of their stupid faces.

3 for now. :-)

• Like 3

All those fabricated/contrived tv programmes masquerading as 'real life'.

This,

Strictly X Celebrity Dancing, and all other similar cods wallop. (please note the deliberately abbreviated terms used!)

Oh yes, Facetwaddle too. :)

this (apart from facetwaddle - handy for keeping up with relatives abroad without worrying about time differences) and

Celebrity get me out of here on Ice Factor

this.

• Like 1

I have to disagree with the reversing sensor sorry.

The more curved cars get, the more useful as they become. Mirrors can be rubbish and deceiving.

I love mine. Its a good safety net on a dark wet night when you cant see anything because the reversing lights are often carp.

Business-wise, I love them  :D   I get more bumper repairs on cars with them than without.

I just don't get the point of something telling me with an annoying beep than comes on every time (unless de-activated via menus or switch if equipped) I stick it into reverse to tell me I'm six inches from what I want to park one inch away from.

They also fail in time or when they get dirty or repainted, look daft on the bumper and have been totally and utterly superceded by reversing cameras.

But I suppose there's a few personal factors in this; I like upright cars and hate cars I can't park without parking aids, I won't buy a car with stupid mirrors, I fit a pair of wide-angle mirrors to the tops of the car's mirrors too, I sit high up and hate annoying beeps of any sort!   If I'm not sure of what I'm reversing towards, I'll get out and look, plus I use shop windows etc for reflections wherever possible to help me in tight spaces.

As soon as the beeps start, I get irritated and the dash sensor displays are so old hat compared to a camera too.

I get the point about an additional safety net, though-I'm all for more safety.

PS change reversing light bulb for a brighter one? 

• Like 1

The Governance of Formula 1

Promise to introduce cost cap for sustainable participation of 12 teams

The loss of three teams (so far, perhaps 5 in short order) due to lack of viable cost structure in-spite of massive revenues because of inequality in distribution of income among teams.

Contempt now displayed by F1 management to teams who've run out of cash because of no cost structure

The absence of any intervention by the governing body, the FIA & in particular, its 'ghost' president Mr Todt.

Using incoherent bumbling tax fraudulent dictatorial octogenarian as face of CVC to give conflicting press releases to raise profile/ create controversy for the "sport"

Introduce massively expensive new engine formula which further increases costs, kills the noise, creates a massive advantage for one engine manufacturer which will induce further spending down to pit lane to close this inequality, all in the name of appearing "green", which glosses over the carbon footprint of flying 20 cars and 7000 people to 20 locations round the world.

False overtaking

Truly exorbitant ticket prices for the man on the street to attend.

Double points added for no reason to season finale as a gimmick to "improve the show". Universally hated by teams, drivers, and fans.

Drivers now selected on money brought to team in sponsorship, not talent.

Christian Horner's smug "i'm alright Jack"/ contradictory "compassionate platitudes" about committing to helping smaller teams while refusing to discuss a more equal of distribution of prize money

Falling TV/ venues audiences

Ugly cars

"cool" camera shots, celebrity podium interviewers and lots of super slow motion replays are used to replace the fact that by and large, my sport has been sacrificed in the name of entertainment.

The essesnce of F1, the pinnacle of motorsport, has always been about the worlds best drivers, racing developmental prototypes with the latest technology, flat out in a sprint race format. IMO, today's F1 is none of these things.

I'm a long time fan., attended races, up at 5am with tea watching quali etc, but I recently stopped watching. The resurgence of the great Williams team is window dressing, I feel like (what i imagine it feels like) to be married to something I don't love anymore, we are separated, and she is coming round for her things next week.

I've had a bad day, writing this was therapy, thanks.

Any car sticker denoting faux grief over that two bit film actor dude that died. Forget his name. Usually found on a 15 year old Fiesta, next to the fairy dust sticker.

Paul Walker?

There isn't enough Space in room 101.

On a side note, I'd quite like to see One Direction trapped on an ice rink

with a few hungry polar bears. That's how they can entertain me Mr Cowell.  

• Like 3