Mysterious Water Leak

Watsona6

Had my motor for 3 months now. Splendid car, 12 plate. Yesterday the coolant warning light came on. Checked the expansion tank and it was bare! Topped up expecting it to be fine. Drove about 100 miles today and the light was back on. Again, tank looking empty. Tried looking for leaks but nothing obvious! Any ideas? Car is still under warrenty, will this be covered or am I best exploring it elsewhere before heading to skoda?

As a 12 plate should still be under warranty let the dealer deal with it, it sounds like a pretty substantial leak. If you call out Skoda Assist they will recover the car to the dealer and give you a free courtesy car whilst yours is being repaired. Assuming the leak is not a stone damaged radiator then it will be repaired for nothing of course.

I've been on my back but there is a plastic bottom plate in place. Doesn't seem to be a leak from the radiator from what I could see with the torch. Topped up this am and the light was back on after only around 12 miles :( Rang Preston Skoda and will be dropping the car off later. Hoping to collect on Thursday am. Will update you all on what they find. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Same here. Mine was done on warranty as it happened within a year of me buying it, so I got the timing belt done for nothing. It could be worse though - if there's no external leak it could be getting into the oil, so the oil level will look like it's rising, but this is a lot rarer...

Does make me wonder if there's a general issue with leaky water pumps, but at least they have the grace to fail before the warranty runs out.  In my case it was a close run thing though.