Me again! And a couple of wee issues...

Haha how funny....i went to pull out of my road the other morning, berks park all the way along it and dispite being a 20 limit you do get tits doing national speed limit along it (by a secondary school as well, great huh!) Anyway committed to pulling out then spotted a van tooling along, realised id left it in 2nd. Popped it into what i thought was 1st and the car sat on the spot and felt like it moved backwards a bit, realised I was in reverse. Went to put it in first and pull out and it beeped and yes i was in reverse again. By this time the van had stopped and probably wondered if there was either something wrong with me or if id done it intentionally to slow him down.

I just put it down to being a morning idiot moment but ive not ever done that before in any car and have had a number of VAG vehicles with push down reverses next to 1st gear.

Its a 2014 MY 2.0 TDi Elegance estate by the way, got just over 13k miles now.

Edited by pipsyp

I think everyone that's had this issue should be visiting their dealers pronto.

If they need details on my repair (once I know it's sorted - still not home as we got caught late) let me know.

I think everyone that's had this issue should be visiting their dealers pronto.

If they need details on my repair (once I know it's sorted - still not home as we got caught late) let me know.

Good grief Man ....hurry up...ive been waiting all day and I am getting a DSG !!!

• Like 1

Good grief Man ....hurry up...ive been waiting all day and I am getting a DSG !!!

I'm afraid it'll need to wait until tomorrow as I'm just home after the mrs' cars clutch packed up on the way home. Possibly cable or release bearing issues but as the bonnet release cable seems to have snapped I can't get the bonnet up to find out!

Had enough of cars for today, especially after a 13 hour shift...

• Like 1

I'm afraid it'll need to wait until tomorrow as I'm just home after the mrs' cars clutch packed up on the way home. Possibly cable or release bearing issues but as the bonnet release cable seems to have snapped I can't get the bonnet up to find out!

Good point...well presented. Ah yes the 12 hour that turns into a longer one...i love late jobs I really do.

• Like 1

You definitely did bad bad things to kittens and puppies in a past life... Really evil bad.... Nasty bad.

• Like 2

Coops - that's what mine is/was like going for first. Didn't always engage reverse properly. Thought it was it but didn't go anywhere.

Cables and associated bits are all ok seemingly.

Mine is due service in about 7k miles so will get it looked at then. It's not a massive issue to be fair and selects gear correctly more often than it doesn't.

Well my car seems fine and gear change is much smoother than previously so new flywheel and clutch seems to have solved the problem.

Fingers crossed!

Yep. New flywheel and clutch. Seems to be fine now.

Do you have a weird sensation like the brakes are still on or you're in second when pulling away, but it's in first?

It's almost like someone's glued the tyres down with treacle.

Nope, never had that. Maybe an issue with the hill hold system?

• 1 month later...

Well guess what folks - the gearbox is playing up again!

Took it into the dealers today and the mechanic told me it's just cold gearbox oil because the temperature is dropping - do I look like I'm 5?!?!

Not impressed - hopefully they will manage to fix the driver side sun visor back to the roof without blaming me for it coming loose...

Oh has anyone else had their rear doors freeze shut? Mine have, twice. Moisture under the dust seals freezes meaning the doors freeze shut. Dealer said it's just the design and I need to warm the car up so they defrost - I mean wtf?!?!

Seriously had enough of this heap. Got my settlement figure and raised a complaint with VW finance who were taken aback with the problems I've had and couldn't believe the doors were freezing shut. We'll see what happens but I'm not holding my breath!

No way.  That's not good.  I've had mine in the Pyrenees and never had frozen doors or any problems with the gears (and it was minus 7 - 15 most of the time).

What if the front doors froze?  How the feck would you get in to warm it up FFS?

Pi55 poor if you ask me :(

No way.  That's not good.  I've had mine in the Pyrenees and never had frozen doors or any problems with the gears (and it was minus 7 - 15 most of the time).

What if the front doors froze?  How the feck would you get in to warm it up FFS?

Pi55 poor if you ask me :(

Exactly what I thought - they also seem to forget that I have a vRS over last winter and was up north driving through snow with that one and never had an issue.

What happened to the customer is always right!?

• Like 1