Recommended Vcds Dealer Tweaks

Its a l-o-n-g way off me getting my Octy 3 but it seems some very useful options/tweaks are available if you have the right equipment - which I don't and it seems rather expensive for limited use. So, when my new car arrives I intend to ask the dealer to do the tweaks.

My car is an Elegance Estate 1.4TSI DSG, Park Assist and ACC as options. It seems that you can have dipping passenger mirror, dammed useful with some of our local waist high curbs just waiting to ding your inside alloys.

Obviously its really a matter of personal choice. But -  What would be your suggestions?

I think, but am not sure, that the Elegance model can open/shut the windows with the key, hold un-lock button down to open (If closed) and hold lock button down to close (If open) I had this on my Passat and found it rather handy. If this is not standard on the Elegance can it be coded?

Had a look through the pinned VCDS link but was wondering what your thoughts were.

AJW1100, look up your local meet, you'll be able to find someone there that will do all the mods you want and for only beer tokens, you could meet some nice people too.

The Elegance dose do the keyfob opening/closing and a double click will lock the car without enabling the internal sensors if ou want to leave the windows open on hot days.

I haven't got some of the extras you've ordered but, any other questions, just ask away.

The dealer will be as useful as a chocolate tea pot. As the MWNA says above, it's best to look up your nearest VCDS owner (there's a map on a specific forum) and they will be able to tweak more than you think. Very obliging and more knowledgeable than the dealer will ever be.

Thank you for your suggestions, I know what you mean about dealers and chocolate teapots!

I will do some more searching and reading, that should sort me out. My wife wonders what I am up to, must think I have a new 'online' girl friend.

"You on that site again!!!!!!!"

" Just finding out more about your new Rapid Spaceback darling" :giggle: :giggle:

• Like 1

My dealer didn't have vcds, and didn't even seem to know what it was.... They are very controlled in what they can and can't tweak with their official equipment. For instance, I asked the dealer; sound generator turned off (done), tailgate shut with key fob (not done), tailgate beep off (not done), auto dipping mirror (not done). The latter three were not changes they could make, but I did in 15 minutes with a vcds cable.

Obviously you'll have different tweaks to me, but you get the drift. As others have suggested, look up a local with a cable or expect blank stares from your chocolate teapot salesman!

Dealers don't have VCDS, it's a 3rd party product that VAG do not like!!

Dealers can make tweaks, and in fact the manual suggests you have to ask them to make some, but they will only make the ones the manual says they can (unless you know them really well and they do it on the sly for you).

Thanks for the kind offer but Manchester is quite a run, I would imagine there is someone in Herts/North London who can help. I will have a look at the costs involved in DIY....... maybe worth it......

Hi.

Thanks for the offer, I do go to Harpenden a few times so that would be handy. My car does not arrive until next year :'( so will keep you in mind.

There are some more tweaks here which aren't on the VCDS sticky (like disabling the warning tone when the ignition's on and the driver's door open)  http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/skoda-octavia-iii-5e.php.  The site's in German but Google Translate helps if not sprechen sie deutsch!

There are some more tweaks here which aren't on the VCDS sticky (like disabling the warning tone when the ignition's on and the driver's door open)  http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/skoda-octavia-iii-5e.php.  The site's in German but Google Translate helps if not sprechen sie deutsch!

Yep, there are loads more but I haven't bothered listing them all as a lot of them are fairly self explanatory and easy to find in VCDS :) such as seatbelt warning etc.

Now the label files for VCDS are pretty much up to date it is a lot easier than it was a year ago!

Thanks Russ. I've Bookmarked this link and will look through it later, if its also possible to do some useful tweaks to the Rapid it may be worth my while to invest in a setup myself. I see there is a forum just for this for me to investigate so I can find out what is needed.