If I Can't Figure This Out - Its Up For Sale...

Hey all, only me again, I still haven't sorted this problem out and Im at the brink of tears/suicide!

As mentioned previously, this all started with me changing my EGR valve. The car was running fine, but the EML came on the dash. Took it to my mate who changed the EGR valve, and put out the light. 

On the drive home, I noticed the car was then running slightly lumpy and was jerking slightly under acceleration and would intermittently go into limp mode under hard acceleration. I know the EGR was screwed because it was holding pressure/vacuum, so I then knew that this meant there was more to it. 

I brought it back to my mate who did more tests. We checked the turbo and it would seem that the turbo actuator was a little bit sticky. My mate stripped the turbo down and rebuilt it greasing everything up nicely. However, it still had the same problem. I drove it for a bit of time to see if it would sort itself out but low and behold, as I thought, it didn't. 

So back to my mate. 

He then removed the small pipe going from the back of the EGR Valve over to the vacuum solenoid. I took it for a drive and it drove like it used to. I was quite shocked but he seemed to think that it is now the Vacuum Solenoid causing the problem.

I bought a used working solenoid from eBay, replaced the old one, but the problem was still the same. After a few miles, it threw up the EML again. 

I contacted the person I bought the solenoid off and explained I think it may be faulty so he sent another used part, again, we replaced the solenoid fitted to the car and still the same issue. The car only seems to run well when the EGR valve is disconnected. 

We have checked for pipe leaks and theres nothing leaking anywhere. I don't know what else to do and I don't think its the turbo as the car runs fine when the EGR is disconnected. No issues with the turbo at all. 

I really don't know what else to check / change. 

Any ideas anyone? Otherwise Im getting rid...I can't stand this, its so annoying!