Bolero blank screen

Started car on leaving work, and the bolero screen was totally blank. The radio sound worked fine, as did going from this to media (SD card). Tried all sorts whilst moving to no effect. Stopped car, removed the key. Re started the car and all was well. Hopefully just a one off failure.

Completey blank (as in off) or white?

If it goes white then it's a well known issue.

It happened twice to me in my Superb over the course of a year, mentioned it to the dealer and they said there was a service bulletin to replace under warranty if it was reported by the customer.

I got a new one.

WhiteStereoScreen_zps91430f0d.jpg

Edited by silver1011

Happened to me once on a long trip. Restarted the car and it was OK.

If it happens again I will go to the dealer and request warranty software update and/or replacement. But as it happened only once in almost a year, it doesnt bother me....my samsung galaxy and ipad go blank more often :)

I've had the same with my Amundsen, completely blank screen, backlight was still on just nothing displayed. The SD card was playing the music stored on it but not responsive to pressing on the screen. Turned the car off and on again and it's been fine for the last 2 months. If it happens again I'll be reporting it but otherwise I'll just put it down to a random glitch.

Yep same here with Amundsen, blank screen radio playing, turn off unit no clock; turn off car and restart, all OK. Worth mentioning to dealer just in case it goes kaput!

I had this on my Amundsen last week, only the screen was black, thought it was turned off. Pulled over switched ignition off/on and all been ok since. I also had the Maxidot do the same a few weeks before, switching on off did not cure it, until I left it parked for a while, again been OK since.

Usually when these glitches occur, if switching ignition off/on does not work it is because the infotainment only goes into standby for 2hrs to retain current trip info, so try a forced re-boot by holding the on/off button for several seconds and that may help.

Iv had it a few times, out of the blue when I turn the rhs knob to change to the cd track list, it all goes blank,and will be so till as said, the ignition switch turned off/on,the unit works, but no display and track changing is still available with the wheel button,so infrequent that icouldnt replicate it at dealers,glad its just not me, sounds like there are a few gremlins with the bolero

Had it happen to my Amundson twice and they then changed the headunit. It then happened another 3 times and they changed the unit in the glovebox. Hasn't happened since.

I filmed mine in its failed state, to help with the warranty claim as it was an intermittent fault. The dealer did manage to reproduce the fault and the screen was replaced. I had the audio control module replaced approx 6 months ago

• Like 1