So what is the best mileage out of a tank anyone has got? Rapid is best Skoda 4 this?

12 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

5 years? Holy thread resurrection!

I know, I thought that too but actually I am grateful, I missed this thread first time round and about to start reading from the beginning.

Edited by Gerrycan

Used to normally get 500 miles from a 1.2 TSI. The 1.0 TSI regularly does 560 miles and has done over 600. But these little turbos are very susceptible to headwinds and gradients though.

I expect the 1.6 TDI will do 700 miles plus and suffer less from those environmental factors.

10 hours ago, 777boeingman said:

1,000 miles on a tank full in a rapid with 55 L tank not as impossible as some claim above. But a lot of variables need to go your way over that distance. Good tailwinds, favourable traffic, all clear motorway and possibly a fair bit of drafting.

I speak from experience, as after several attempts I managed 747 miles on 38.8 litres at an average speed of 48mph in a 1.0L Skoda Citigo (see Citigo forum) and this worked out at 87.64 MPG using brim to brim figures.

I swapped my Citigo for the Toledo (1.2 105bhp) and was getting around 10 mph more with that little 1ltr engine than I do now.  Lovely little car it was, loved the engine but yes noticeable it run out of puff on gradients, plenty of changing down. Nevertheless it purred along on motorways but pushing it on the max speed limit (70) killed the economy somewhat, whilst the 1.2 I have now at 70 the mpg doesn't drop off so drastically.

Edited by MickA