Full throttle guilt?

willmag

where bouts you located mate. Sure ive seen you about few times. Plenty more spicey roads than the 55 near you ;)

Bangor, you may well have done, I've been over your way a few times recently. Any photos of your car? I see a few Fabia VRS' about.

Had a quick blast up the A454 to Beaumaris and back earlier, that's a good one ;)

Edited by samj2013

I don't feel guilty driving it hard. The components are engineered to cope with driving the car to it's limit. OK you could argue that you will reduce the life of some components if you constantly drive in that manner but so long as you let it warm up and cool down properly you shouldn't have many issues. 

Bottom line, enjoy the car, if something is going to break from age related wear than it's going to break. Sometimes a car that's been driven by mrs daisy with low mileage has more issues than one that's been driven hard but with mechanical sympathy. 

You may think I'm mad and I hope you do, but every time I've been on a journey where I put my foot down for a few seconds I feel guilty and have to check after that everything sounds ok! Am I mad, does anyone else do this?

You have been reprogrammed by Greenist propaganda!!!

There is no hope for you I'm afraid. This programming is unlikely to be broken.

Time to sell the car and by a reclined be-camera'd bicycle.... :)

Haven’t posted for a long while but think I can add to this via some experience. I am finally enjoying the car and done things which should have been sorted at the start when I mapped it 182 bhp five years ago. It really accelerates incredibly well and much more smoothly now. This year I went for a brand new out-of-the-box Garrett PD150 Turbo and new bigger better bearings and new seals for the replacement gearbox via Geartech in Worcester whose claim to fame is “we haven’t had one back yet”. Clutch and dual mass have both been done too as has the EGR and all remapped to a very sensible torque emphasised 185 horses. I just love it now. IMO not worth mapping high unless spending on better turbo and gearbox. Only then will it really accelerate hard in smooth way.