vRS Spoiler Paint blistering!

Guest Cossiecol

Not yet, other than waiting for Skoda to send their team up :(

Why???? They already know they have a process problem ,from the history /incident logs from dealers for this model and others.

This is the very reason CUSTOMERS get ****ed off - no decision makers at dealer level!!

• Like 1

This the very reason CUSTOMERS get ****ed off - no decision makers at dealer level!!

Add me to that list of unhappy customers. Got to Thursday and hadn't had the promised call from the body shop to book the car in, two weeks later. Phoned them as had their number and they haven't even been contacted by the dealership yet and can't help me! Chased the dealer and they promised to get back to me but that was 3 days ago now.

• Like 1

Add me to that list of unhappy customers. Got to Thursday and hadn't had the promised call from the body shop to book the car in, two weeks later. Phoned them as had their number and they haven't even been contacted by the dealership yet and can't help me! Chased the dealer and they promised to get back to me but that was 3 days ago now.

I'm in the same boat as you, visited dealer Saturday 6th December, promised a call early the following week, no call received.

Phone them again Friday 12th December, service manager had been off ill and apparently nobody else could progress it but him. Promised a call either Friday afternoon or Monday 15th.

Here we are Saturday 20th and still no phone call received. Going to give them till Wednesday, when I'm off work and then I'm going to go to the head office/main dealership and see what they have to say about the whole situation!

Edited by Alex1980

The paint on my octavia III is awful. Orange peel all over and shut lines not painted enough leaving them looking faded to the rest of the car. And this was a new car supposedly.

I'm sure this is no one off and there are plenty of examples out there of skodas terrible paint work, they just have not been noticed yet by the owners. This is the 3rd and newest car in our family and is the worst in terms of paint quality. I suppose you get what you pay for.

Same here. Car went in on the 4th December originally. It was in yesterday for something else so chased them again but they haven't had another update from Skoda who will apparently be footing the bill rather than the dealership. The delay isn't what's annoying me it's the promises of a phone call back or update which never happens. To date they haven't phoned me once with an update despite saying I'd get a call from the body shop on within a couple of days of the 4th.

I've had a phone call today, only after my brother visited the dealership to enquire about a new car, and told them I was p@#ssed off.

I've been assured a conversation will take place with the body shop on Friday, and he will call me then to arrange it going in. So far no mention of "skoda experts".

Excuse me, but I won't be holding my breath!

I agree entirely James, why promise to call back, if you have no intention of doing so. My greeting to the call today was "oh, your phone's do dial out, thought they only received calls!"

Edited by Alex1980

Arnold Clark near Paisley.

I bought my vrs from this dealership and took it back to this dealership regarding the blistering paint spoiler. Initially I was told that only 1 person deals with such paintwork warrant issues and he travels between all the arnold clark skoda franchises. On my initial visit he apparently took pictures of the blistering paintwork and sent them away to skoda for approval for warranty work. I never heard any thing back then chased this dealership up and was told that skoda were sending someone to the branch to see the blistering spoiler as they wanted to investigate the problem and was also told someone else had the same problem. Again never heard back from the franchise, a while later I phoned skoda uk customer service regarding someone from skoda coming out to the branch to see my car and was told skoda would not do this, I argued the toss with the customer service chap from skoda uk re the blistering paintwork and he raised a complaint and told me I would be contacted by a complaint manager from skoda uk to resolve this.

After this I actually phoned the dealership to see if they had heard anything and luckily spoke to the salesman that sold me my car and afterwards recieved a call from someone from the dealership who booked me in to get my spoiler fixed via warranty, so problem solved. I also got a call the next day from skoda uk complaint manager and told him I had now got the problem solved. I did let him know what I had been through to get it booked in to have paintwork fixed and he did say that on the odd occasion skoda may come out to see the problem but it would be a rare event and every case is different.

The moral of this story is chase the branch up and if not happy raise a complaint with skoda uk customer service. Let me know how if you get it resolved, the dealership appears generally fine and cannot fault sales staff or service staff, only paintwork problems via warranty appears a bit of a pain due to the 1 person travelling between arnold clark skoda franchises who deals with this sort of work.

Guest Cossiecol

I bought my vrs from this dealership and took it back to this dealership regarding the blistering paint spoiler. Initially I was told that only 1 person deals with such paintwork warrant issues and he travels between all the arnold clark skoda franchises. On my initial visit he apparently took pictures of the blistering paintwork and sent them away to skoda for approval for warranty work. I never heard any thing back then chased this dealership up and was told that skoda were sending someone to the branch to see the blistering spoiler as they wanted to investigate the problem and was also told someone else had the same problem. Again never heard back from the franchise, a while later I phoned skoda uk customer service regarding someone from skoda coming out to the branch to see my car and was told skoda would not do this, I argued the toss with the customer service chap from skoda uk re the blistering paintwork and he raised a complaint and told me I would be contacted by a complaint manager from skoda uk to resolve this.

After this I actually phoned the dealership to see if they had heard anything and luckily spoke to the salesman that sold me my car and afterwards recieved a call from someone from the dealership who booked me in to get my spoiler fixed via warranty, so problem solved. I also got a call the next day from skoda uk complaint manager and told him I had now got the problem solved. I did let him know what I had been through to get it booked in to have paintwork fixed and he did say that on the odd occasion skoda may come out to see the problem but it would be a rare event and every case is different.

The moral of this story is chase the branch up and if not happy raise a complaint with skoda uk customer service. Let me know how if you get it resolved, the dealership appears generally fine and cannot fault sales staff or service staff, only paintwork problems via warranty appears a bit of a pain due to the 1 person travelling between arnold clark skoda franchises who deals with this sort of work.

Yours isn't a red vRS is it? The reason I ask is when I was in speaking to (apparently) the only guy who deals with warranty issues he showed me a red vRS that was in on the same day. he took pictures of both and sent them off.

I'll be chasing the dealers tomorrow as that's now well over a month and I still have no date to get this sorted. Failing that I will be contacting Skoda UK to raise a complaint.

Yours isn't a red vRS is it? The reason I ask is when I was in speaking to (apparently) the only guy who deals with warranty issues he showed me a red vRS that was in on the same day. he took pictures of both and sent them off.

I'll be chasing the dealers tomorrow as that's now well over a month and I still have no date to get this sorted. Failing that I will be contacting Skoda UK to raise a complaint.

Yes it is a red vrs and I took it in on a Friday in December 2014, so I would get on to them for you must have the same problem as me, don't expect them to fix it right away as the earliest date they gave me was mid February 2015 as it has to go back to a vag approved workshop in glasgow to get fixed, can't remember off hand who the guy at the service desk at arnold Clark skoda that actually dealt with this matter but might have been a guy called Archie. Keep us updated with the outcome and if he fobs you off you can always ask him what happened to the other vrs owner with the same complaint.

There's a good chance it will go to Mitchell inglis over at South street, Arnold Clark do Have their own bodyshop which is now VAG approved. You could also push for it to go to Glasgow Audi over at hillington too

I had my call back 4 or 5 weeks late this afternoon asking if the bodyshop have fixed my car yet...

Kept my calm and reminded him I've been chasing him for the last 4 or 5 weeks without a reply and that apparently that's what he was doing when I brought the car in last week and spoke to someone else.

Apologised and said would call me back in 10 mins, which he did to inform me they got the procedure wrong for getting the paint repaired under warranty and they need the car back again to take more photos as they didn't use some tool in the photos. That will be its 3rd trip back since reporting it so told them they can come and get it themselves as I'm not driving there. They are picking it up Friday.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3
  • Like 1

Guest Cossiecol

Yes it is a red vrs and I took it in on a Friday in December 2014, so I would get on to them for you must have the same problem as me, don't expect them to fix it right away as the earliest date they gave me was mid February 2015 as it has to go back to a vag approved workshop in glasgow to get fixed, can't remember off hand who the guy at the service desk at arnold Clark skoda that actually dealt with this matter but might have been a guy called Archie. Keep us updated with the outcome and if he fobs you off you can always ask him what happened to the other vrs owner with the same complaint.

Spoke to the garage yesterday who said there has been no date yet for Skoda to take a look. advised them that another vRS (didn't name you) was in on the same day. Her response was yours was approved that day whereas after Skoda saw the photos they wanted to send their own team up. Which I find strange as it looked worse on the Red paint.

Queue a call to skoda UK tomorrow or the next day......

Car was picked up by Skoda this morning for more photos.

I left the engine running for their driver to jump in and go and completely forgot my key was in my pocket (KESSY) so got a call from the garage 30 mins later saying they can't find my key. They ended up having to drive another car back to me to collect the key....

Makes a change from them messing me around though.

All approved officially by Skoda themselves this morning. Just waiting for the date for the repair with the VW paintshop.

So it only took 3 working days counting from when they took the correct photos and submitted the correct photos to Skoda.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

The dealership had no idea (guessed at 2 days) as they don't do bodywork but I'll ask the VW garage it's going to when they decide to phone me.

All I know is they will offer to pickup and drop off my car and give me a courtsey car while the work is being carried out. I'm guessing the courtesy car will be a VW....best not be a Lupo.