Vrs Estate Pics

smerko

Originally posted by fen_l&k in this post

Never understood why the vRS estate only gets 16" alloys. Strange stuff.

Howard, Madness by some cost engineer at Skoda is the only logical explanation I can think of. Possibly also concerns re: potential rubbage (apologies for the tech expression) with larger wheels/tyres which would compromise handling etc with a full load.

However, I would have thought the 16" / 17" rolling radius woould been maintained for speedo accuracy / gearing so maybe the above reason isn't correct. Who knows....

We've got the black estate and it was always going to be a choice between black and silver. We saw a red one and although it was nice, it just didn't look that special.

I Never thought I'd see a yellow vRS estate, until we recently went to the garlic festival (sort of like a county show) in the Isle of Wight and the local skoda dealer had all the cars there and sure enough there was a yellow vRS estate - I was speechless, and my wife's reaction was 'thank god we didn't get that colour!'. I think the yellow is just too pale - but hey everyone's different

But it's accentuated by the sun shining right into the gap. (Forgot the appropriate term for the thing that houses the wheel - that LSD again.)

Although I must agree that I thought a vRS ran lower than that - looks like my lowered 4x4, which is only ever so slightly below a standard Octy.

Originally posted by fen_l&k in this post

Never understood why the vRS estate only gets 16" alloys. Strange stuff.

'Tis to do with the Suspension layout of the non 4X4 estate, Skoda eexpressly state the 17" MUST NOT be used on the vRS Combi. (no extra bracing etc)

Try searching on this on Briskoda, it has been covered before.

:cheers:

Graham