New Company Hack

So after 14 weeks of waiting, I went to collect by new company car yesterday.

170 hp Petrol Blue

DSG

In L&K trim

Ivory leather

Also fitted

Power tailgate

Kessy

Heated washers

Hill hold

Towing Prep

Only done 120 miles but so far so good and seam economical too, managed 45mpg on a mix of a roads and motorways. Not done about 2500 rpm so don't know how she really goes .

But so far I am very impressed.

post-120372-0-43623500-1417505077_thumb.jpg

post-120372-0-68550700-1417505094_thumb.jpg

post-120372-0-79683100-1417505109_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andy1974

Andy 1974,

Suggest you blank out your number plate.

BTW lovely car.

I have had my L&K since April 2012 and I now get 60mpg plus on carefull driving and 50 around town.

I've got the same colour combination in my car with a slightly different blue. It's the best looking combination in my opinion. The only downside are the easily stained seat belts...

Very nice. I do really like the superb! Nice spec too.

Never got the whole blocking the number plate business.

The main reason is that people trawl the internet for number plates to use. So they have a car that is the same make, model and colour then get a number plate made up using your plate then the next you know is you're getting speeding tickets, parking fines etc coming through your door!

Phil

The main reason is that people trawl the internet for number plates to use. So they have a car that is the same make, model and colour then get a number plate made up using your plate then the next you know is you're getting speeding tickets, parking fines etc coming through your door!

Phil

Do you wear a foil hat as well?

The main reason is that people trawl the internet for number plates to use. So they have a car that is the same make, model and colour then get a number plate made up using your plate then the next you know is you're getting speeding tickets, parking fines etc coming through your door!

Phil

I don't get it either. Why cover up the number plate. Do you cover your number plate every time you drive or park up?.

Not many people will see it on the internet - everyone will see it when you drive it down the road or park somewhere. Anyone can take a picture whether on a mobile phone, camera, dash cam etc or simply make a note of it, just as they can see the VIN number.

I just don't get the hide your number plate at all myself.

I don't get it either. Why cover up the number plate.

To do the whole "copying a license plate from an exact car so they get the speed tickets and I don't"-scam, they need the correct car.

What do you think is the easiest way to go about obtaining such a license plate?

a. you drive around looking for a Petrol Blue Skoda Superb estate

b. you go on google image search and look for "Petrol Blue Skoda Superb estate"

So, in short...blank it out :peek:

• Like 3

so, I have now covered 1156 miles in the 1st week, I have yet to find any issues of note.

I have returned 46.3 mpg which I think is good.

I do find that the sat Nav not very dynamic.

Also why does the radio go off when you select reverse gear..

so, I have now covered 1156 miles in the 1st week, I have yet to find any issues of note.

I have returned 46.3 mpg which I think is good.

I do find that the sat Nav not very dynamic.

Also why does the radio go off when you select reverse gear..

Glad you're enjoying it!  You can change the settings for the radio/reverse parking sensors (I presume this is what you are referring to) if you go into 'Tone' on the Columbus system.  There should be a setting for PDC Reduce Volume and this will allow you to set the reduction in volume (when you engage reverse and PDC) to high, low, off etc.  PDC is park distance control BTW

To do the whole "copying a license plate from an exact car so they get the speed tickets and I don't"-scam, they need the correct car.

What do you think is the easiest way to go about obtaining such a license plate?

a. you drive around looking for a Petrol Blue Skoda Superb estate

b. you go on google image search and look for "Petrol Blue Skoda Superb estate"

So, in short...blank it out :peek:

Not only that, if the 'cloned' car is in your area, you are likely to spot it. So to work really well, they have to drive around looking for a particular car, a long way from where they live. Or use the internet.

And lets face it, if you were looking for a petrol blue skoda superb estate on the internet, where's a good place to start. A skoda forum maybe?

Edited by lowedb