Polo GTI some details

vrskeith

I read that the UK allocation was 15 Renault Clio RS 18 at around £24,000, that was in Top Gear.  EDIT, EVO says 18 released in the UK.

So not that many cars.

The Clio RS 1.6 Turbo Trophy and other Clio RS models are a real performance bargain used.

Edited by Offski

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Offski said:

?

Are they relevant in that the VW Group will ever have in showrooms for sale to the general public a Polo, Fabia, Ibiza or A1 with a 1.6 turbo petrol with AWD?

At the Virtual showroom you can configure what you like but whose too say it will arrive at the virtual dealership. Computer says no !!

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:09, vrskeith said:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/polo/61182/new-volkswagen-polo-r-line-2019-review

vw polo r-line front quarter driving

Also Seat Ibiza FR Sport with UPGTi engine mated to the DSG box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/polo/105948/gti-hatchback

We are still waiting for my misses New high spec car ordered in late  Aug 2018.

Her current March 2016 Polo GTi 1.8 DSG -PCP agreement   ends late March 2019 but VW are honouring the price quoted back in August 2018 and extended the agreement until new car arrives.

However, the Order is shown at the factory but as yet no build week  has been planned ,so God knows when it will arrives. 

Her current car has 41000 miles on the clock original contract was set up for 3 years at 45000 miles. Good price was offered back in Aug 2018 so as long as the car arrives before July 2019 she is happy.   

dsc_7677_0.jpg?itok=P3lV2QHC

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:43, vrskeith said:

Come on VW when are you releasing the Polo GTi manual .

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...

So today my Missus has had official build date allocated in week 14/19,so we are currently week 9/19 .Meaning delivery approx. 4 weeks after that .

Her car speak is this but purchased via Orangewheels /Inchcape at a good discount . As I said before car was ordered end of August 2018 but VW Finance / dealership are honouring the trade-in Polo GTi 1.8 DSG March 2016, with 45000 miles on the clock value offered at the time of ordering and extended the PCP with no added cost - win win  .

Discount :£2700

Note! Base price subsequent too her ordering 2018,  has risen by approx. £1000.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/app/configurator/vw-gb/en/polo/30200/38650/gti-plus/AW19TY-GPDBPDB-GPF2PF2-GPLAPLA-MTVEQV3-MESSUQ5-GWD1WD1-GWLLWLL-GYOIYOI-GZEBZEB-MTKV4F2-MSSH4KF-MMAS6E3-MASE6YD-MMFA9S0-MAUD9WT/2019/1/F14 D8A1/F56 XE/GPDRPDR-GPH3PH3-GPJBPJB-GPNDPND-GWW3WW3-GYOWYOW-MAUD9WX-MCDR7RE-MEIH5MJ-MEPH7X5-MESI7W2-MKSUKA1-MSPRQH1?page=summary

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 07:32, vrskeith said:

So today my Missus has had official build date allocated in week 14/19,so we are currently week 9/19 .Meaning delivery approx. 4 weeks after that .

Her car speak is this but purchased via Orangewheels /Inchcape at a good discount . As I said before car was ordered end of August 2018 but VW Finance / dealership are honouring the trade-in Polo GTi 1.8 DSG March 2016, with 45000 miles on the clock value offered at the time of ordering and extended the PCP with no added cost - win win  .

Discount :£2700

Note! Base price subsequent too her ordering 2018,  has risen by approx. £1000.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/app/configurator/vw-gb/en/polo/30200/38650/gti-plus/AW19TY-GPDBPDB-GPF2PF2-GPLAPLA-MTVEQV3-MESSUQ5-GWD1WD1-GWLLWLL-GYOIYOI-GZEBZEB-MTKV4F2-MSSH4KF-MMAS6E3-MASE6YD-MMFA9S0-MAUD9WT/2019/1/F14 D8A1/F56 XE/GPDRPDR-GPH3PH3-GPJBPJB-GPNDPND-GWW3WW3-GYOWYOW-MAUD9WX-MCDR7RE-MEIH5MJ-MEPH7X5-MESI7W2-MKSUKA1-MSPRQH1?page=summary

Looking forward to having a drive out around our country roads in my missus's new car .

• Like 1

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/polo-gti/first-drives/volkswagen-polo-gti-2019-long-term-review

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/long-term-tests/ford/fiesta-st/

Both relative long-termers reviews.

Pays your money and takes your choice.

fiestast_longterm_090.jpg?mode=max&quality=90&scale=down

Volkswagen Polo GTI 2018 long-term review - hero side

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This just might be an interesting opponent to Polo GTi DSG but no manual yet?,Focus ST manual. By the way VW where TF is the Polo GTi manual over a year since launch and still no inclusion in the configuration spec,that's pretty poor.

However , I 'm sure Hyundai will be capable of supplying one in this :

https://www.evo.co.uk/hyundai/i20/22627/new-hyundai-i20-n-spied-testing-a-new-rival-for-the-ford-fiesta-st

Hyundai i20 N spy - side

The missus's PoloGti 2.0 Plus has landed in the UK, so with the dealership during next week. She will be pleased. Only 9months delivery lead time from VW.

However ,Good discount achieved by going the Orangewheels route. / VW Inchcape.

• Like 1

We had a lovely evening yesterday, I don't often get chance to drive for pleasure. This car is 2 completely different characters, tame in D and then an animal in S, I hope your other half enjoys her car as much as I do mine vrskeith :)

20190525_203153.jpg

20190525_210751.jpg

20190525_210640.jpg

20190525_204729.jpg

Edited by MilgeS
More images
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, MilgeS said:

We had a lovely evening yesterday, I don't often get chance to drive for pleasure. This car is 2 completely different characters, tame in D and then an animal in S, I hope your other half enjoys her car as much as I do mine vrskeith :)

20190525_203153.jpg

MilgeS,

Thanks for your good wishes to my missus.

Love the tranquil moment photo.

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:07, MilgeS said:

20190525_203153.jpg

20190525_210751.jpg

20190525_210640.jpg

20190525_204729.jpg

MilgeS,

Interesting , still no sigh of a manual box, that would be my preference ,my other half is DSG / Auto fan.

Still makes a change for me to have a run out in it. 

Picking her motor up on Saturday, sense a few running in miles going on it this weekend .

20 hours ago, vrskeith said:

MilgeS,

Interesting , still no sigh of a manual box, that would be my preference ,my other half is DSG / Auto fan.

Still makes a change for me to have a run out in it. 

Picking her motor up on Saturday, sense a few running in miles going on it this weekend .

Manual box appeared for a while in certain areas of the world but has since disappeared of the configurators, be interesting to see if anyone ordered one and if it gets built? Look forward to seeing some pictures of the new car soon 🙂

• Like 1

So I have a very disappointed 😞 Partner, as no handover of her New Polo GTi Plus DSG on Saturday. Why ,because of 1 VW UK Finance system went walk out and malfunctioned Thursday night then support time took until late Friday afternoon to resolve and notify her of this going on ,until the 11th hour before close of play on Friday afternoon whilst she was having a nightmare drive back from he contract work in Bodmin. Expecting her to pull over and undertake the computer input on the roadside mid journey. No contingency laid on for a couple of hours Saturday morning or indeed later Friday evening,after she had arrived home and could read the documents with a clear head. Consequently ,their lack of Customer Service has spoilt the buying experience for her and me. However,they lost their end of period sale, by have No flexibility on behalf of the Customer to finalise the deal in a satisfactory way for both parties. How rubbish is that ! So an unhappy bunny in Wiltshire yesterday. Only benefits, car now gets registered in June and a full months road tax next week. 

• Sad 1