Skoda Octavia RS brake disc size?

As the topic, what size are the brake discs on a Skoda Octavia RS?

Ive read 312 at some site and 340 at a different place.

I know that the Seat Leon is using 312mm discs and i suppose the Octavia should to?

Since they have basicly, if not the exactly, the same power output.

Then only the Seat Leon Cupra is using 340mm brakes, so it wouldnt make sense if the Octavia is using 340mm brakes..

So does anyone really know what brakes the Octavia RS is using?

Is the petrol and diesel using the same size?

I know that the Seat Leon is using 312mm discs and i suppose the Octavia should to?

Since they have basicly, if not the exactly, the same power output.

But the octavia is a bigger heavier car....

The regular Octavia 1.8 TSi and 2.0 184 TDi use 312mm front brakes. I think all Octavias share the same 272(ish) solid rear setup.

The non PP GTI and GTD Golfs also use 312mm brakes as do the 180 TSi and 184 TDi Leons and A3's

The vRS got lucky, Skoda were apparently allowed to use the Golf GTI PP front brakes as standard fitment; though they dont inherret the slightly larger vented rear set you also get on a GTI PP

Edited by pipsyp

The Seat Leon Cupra runs the same 340mm disks as the VRS and with 310mm ventilated ones on the rear.

The regular Octavia 1.8 TSi and 2.0 184 TDi use 312mm front brakes. I think all Octavias share the same 272(ish) solid rear setup.

The non PP GTI and GTD Golfs also use 312mm brakes as do the 180 TSi and 184 TDi Leons and A3's

The vRS got lucky, Skoda were apparently allowed to use the Golf GTI PP front brakes as standard fitment; though they dont inherret the slightly larger vented rear set you also get on a GTI PP

BINGO.

Just a look through the alloys will tell you they are large. Makes the rear ones look positively tiny. The main thing I've noticed, is, they stop the car well.

As I approached mine today,I thought is there a cover available to fit the rears between disc and alloy. So the difference isn't so noticeable.

The Seat Leon Cupra runs the same 340mm disks as the VRS and with 310mm ventilated ones on the rear.

BINGO.

I must say i'm very confused by this post..

The 2.0 TDI 184h is only availible as vRS?

So if the vRS is supposed to have 340mm discs and the 184hp 312mm discs then what? :S

Can't see that it matters what size they are,so long as they do the job. If replacements are needed. Just get a tape measure out, or give chassis number to the supplier......

Can't see that it matters what size they are,so long as they do the job. If replacements are needed. Just get a tape measure out, or give chassis number to the supplier......

It matters because if it is 312mm or less my winter wheels will fit.

Above 312mm it wont fit.

So that would be a cost increase of 1000-1500euro..

So if the vRS is supposed to have 340mm discs and the 184hp 312mm discs then what? :S

Not quite true.

In the UK the 1.8 TSi is now available on the L&K, also the 184 TDi is available in the Scout. Outside the UK those engines are available on Elegance models too. These models being normal variants have 312mm.

Only the vRS gets the 340mm rotors.

Easy way to describe. Anything with 150ps and below gets 288's, anything above 150ps that is not a vRS gets 312's

Just been and measured my front discs through an alloy, and expected they are 340mm on the front. Vrs Tsi.

Thanks!

That means that my brand new wheels wont fit, crap..

Well i better stick with my Leon for a couple of years then :)

Not sure why the confusion - its just fact. VRS gets the 340mm setup as does the Cupra (with the sub8 option pack they are uprated to 370mm) as does the Golf GTi PP and Golf R.

So basically Snowman, you are keeping your Seat because the winter wheels you have for it won't fit the Vrs. Sell the winters you have and buy new.In the UK if a new Vrs is ordered now, winter would be over before it arrived anyway.

Not sure why the confusion - its just fact. VRS gets the 340mm setup as does the Cupra (with the sub8 option pack they are uprated to 370mm) as does the Golf GTi PP and Golf R.

Simply cos in Sweden the 184hp is only availble in the RS.

So if you are saying the 184hp diesel has 312mm you are stating that the RS 2.0 TDI (184hp) has 312mm.

So basically Snowman, you are keeping your Seat because the winter wheels you have for it won't fit the Vrs. Sell the winters you have and buy new.In the UK if a new Vrs is ordered now, winter would be over before it arrived anyway.

Yepp, i havent even taken delivery of my winter wheels yet, i will receive them tomorrow.

I can get a ex-demo RS or one with 0km thats in store at a dealer for about 25000-29000euro.

But if i want to order a brand new one i would have to pay an additional 3000-4000euro, which i dont really feel like right now..

So ill just keep on using my Leon for some time more.

Yepp, i havent even taken delivery of my winter wheels yet, i will receive them tomorrow.

I can get a ex-demo RS or one with 0km thats in store at a dealer for about 25000-29000euro.

But if i want to order a brand new one i would have to pay an additional 3000-4000euro, which i dont really feel like right now..

So ill just keep on using my Leon for some time more.

..or just cancel/sell on the wheels that don't fit and haggle a set into the deal on the new car...

Just been working out with the Skoda garage what size winter alloys would fit over the 340mm rear discs for my new Octy VRS which arrives tomorrow and consensus was it HAD to be 18" !

I'm assuming you mean front discs - I and many others are currently running 17" winter wheels on a VRS and in some markets the standard wheels for VRS are 17". Get the dealer to look at VRS wheels on EKTA and they will see the 17" option!