New Fabia III vs New Hyundai I20

Other sites/sources have mentioned 1.1 litres, but  no odds, "nominally" 1.0 l, and a contributor to the Honest John website has very recently said that this new super efficient (in least in respect of CO2 figs testing) is due in March, fingers crossed.

It be the increased torque that would interest me more, it must be said, with a nod to VW(Skoda), that it was driving a 1.2TSI engined Yeti, that OPENED my eyes to the recent vast  improvment in small capacity petrol engines.

Pity the increased HP and insurance group hike, will prob bugger-up his insurance quotation.

m

Edited by dieseldogg

I was in at a big Honda Dealership,  and as much as the New i20 will be competition for the Fabia,

the current Honda Jazz just seems to me to blow the All New Fabia out of the water as far as Build Quality & VFM,

choice of Spec & engines outputs as well. Petrols only though.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I was in at a big Honda Dealership, and as much as the New i20 will be competition for the Fabia,

the current Honda Jazz just seems to me to blow the All New Fabia out of the water as far as Build Quality & VFM,

choice of Spec & engines outputs as well. Petrols only though.

No disrespect to the Jazz but they're mainly driven by old age pensioners wearing gloves and tweed hats and often seen parked outside churches on a Sunday.

They are well built but have more of an image crisis than Skoda IMO and the emissions aren't great either.

Edited by Gazbull17

Have to say that I20 is  a very good looking car inside and out IMHO.  I'm not a fan of the I30 as it's too fussy at the front and rear but Peter Schreyer seems to have cleaned the new i20 up quite significantly...

Pricing looks competitve as well so, if they can get the new engines in and they are as good as anticipated it'll be a good car by all accounts...   I might take a looksie at some stage.

.....to an extent yes, in my post I said they have more of an image crisis than Skoda, I never said Skoda didn't have anything wrong it's image.

Honda, in general are more associated with older drivers, Civic Type R being the exception, that's all I'm saying.

There are a few tricky questions about diesel. One is that shipping will inquire for low sulphur oils meaning diesel replacing bunkeroil because of new regional and perhaps even ww emission laws that again meaning sharply increased demand and thus higher prices.

The second will be EU laws concerning particle emissions.

New diesels all come with particle filters, but eventually a new filter will be of need and those filters are replaced at a vast amount of money. Here we can see an increased taxation on diesel and I wouldnt hesitate to guess that you guys are next to follow.

I fear the future of diesel has already passed.

• Like 1

Once you are in a car you only see the outside when you look in big shop windows or see other similar car.

Certainly a Fabia has not moved on in the beauty stakes in 2015.

Just as well some of us buy ugly and boring looking cars or Skoda would sell none.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I had both a mark one Fabia, and a mark one i20 and now just ordered a new mark 3 Fabia. Skoda won in my tests for this purchase.

curious, I am considering the new i20 and fabia 3

what tipped you in favour of the fabia 3?

Actually it was the fact that the residuals on my Fabia 1 far out weighed what I got back on the i20, and I did 60k more on my Fabia, and in total for the clock up to 120k whereas my Hyundai only got 30k before the clutch went, the engine was noisy and in smooth and by the 60k I was bored as hell of it! It never felt so solid as my Skoda or this new one on the test drive.

• Like 1

My head says a Toyota, for "whole life" value and dependability, boring old fart that I am.

Wor Son's heart is set on a Hyundai i20, with the new 1.0 3 cyl engine.

I can only sympthaise.

m

You say whole life dependability, have you seen the global recalls and reliability issues Toyota have had over the last few years!

But Toyota are very ready to issue recall notices, unlike certain other marques.

Any product can or will have issues and defects in design or production.

Iit is the way these are dealt with that makes THE difference.

Hyundai's pricing policy is also so much simpler, generous trim levels, with only a couple of options.

Take it, or move up a trim level. or leave it.

Simples

Edited by dieseldogg
  • Like 1

Remarkably convienent that Mulhollands retail both Skoda and Hyundai, from the same showroom premisis.

Perfect for a Dutch Auction

between the Fabia III and the i20

No odds which wins really, and we can do a true "like-for-like" comparion with the Skoda's priced  5 year warrenty option.

Life is good.

M