Windows opened by themselves when parked

When my car had been parked for a few days, suddenly found all the car windows open. The doors were still locked & the windows were definitely closed an hour before. I do not understand

how it is possible. Windows closed ok & everything seems alright.  Does anybody have an clues what may have occurred, just imagine if I had been parked in a car park & the windows

opened themselves.

Thanks for any help.   

Most likely inadvertent hold of open button with keys in a pocket. Its happened to me a number of times on various VAG cars ive owned.

Ive never personally found much use for comfort opening so I now take to disabling it in the infotainment. The only drawback is that comfort closing (which is IMHO more useful) also gets disabled.

• Like 1

If you google around, you should find it's a fault that can occur with several makes, VW brand, BMW, Vauxhall to name a few. Went to our Seat one morning to find both back windows down. Took several attempts to get them to stay closed. It was used but recently bought from a main dealer. They reset the system, and so far OK.

Once driving a mk2 Octy on a motorway, all the windows dropped. But only the once.

My last O2 did this quite often towards the end, something wrong in the comfort chip I was told, then we couldn't reset the airbag warning light either which became an MOT failure.

I'd get youur car into the dealers if I was you.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

• 2 weeks later...

If you keep your finger on the locking button a bit to long,a lot of skodas will drop the windows a few inches,keep your finger on it to see if that happens,as has been stated you can have it tuned out,or just give it a short press to lock.

If you keep your finger on the locking button a bit to long,a lot of skodas will drop the windows a few inches,keep your finger on it to see if that happens,as has been stated you can have it tuned out,or just give it a short press to lock.

Mine were fully open, front & rear. It was a very frosty morning....dash & seats were covered...so windows must have been down all night  :sweat: