non folding mirrors

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can figure out for the life of me how to get the side mirrors to fold in...there's no button anywhere in the car nor is there a setting on the head unit. Does this mean there is no way off automatically making the mirrors fold? Just manual.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can figure out for the life of me how to get the side mirrors to fold in...there's no button anywhere in the car nor is there a setting on the head unit. Does this mean there is no way off automatically making the mirrors fold? Just manual.

Are you sure your car is equipped with folding mirrors? Have a look on the mirror adjustment knob & see if there is a symbol that when you move to it the mirrors fold in. My owner manual page 58 shows you the symbol.

No folding mirrors on my vRS

The vRS doesn't come with electric folding mirrors as standard, certainly not in the UK anyway.  The Elegance is the only model I know that does - but I suspect the L&K does as well (I've never looked up the specs for it).

On my mirror knob there is no symbol for the outside mirrors just right, left,o and heat.

I assume I don't have the automated option. Manually fold damn!

No then you haven't got them. About 3 cars ago whilst reversing out of a car park with pillars both sides I ripped off the nearside mirror & was pleased when my Octy 3 had the folding feature - didn't realise how expensive a replacement was & SWMBO still reminds me of the fact.

It's about the only standard feature on the Elegance model that I use every day! I've got a very tight turn into my driveway on a main road, just after a side road, which means I can't indicate left until I pass the side road and then it is a case of going as wide as I can with mirrors folded and just getting the car through the posts and no more. Funny thing I never seemed to have the same problems getting my old Mondeo Estate into the driveway, it seemed to have a small bit of rear wheel steering if that is possible? But no matter how careful I am with the Octavia there is precious little room for error!

No auto folding mirrors on Aus spec cars (might be on elegance, but IIRC I dont think so). I think the new "comfort" pack option might include them, but those cars wont show up till early next year for us!

Definitely standard on the Elegance in OZ, it can be manually folded with the mirror knob and auto fold when locking the car. Only real issue is that it unfolds when unlocking so when you want to unlock the car to put something they fold out then when you lock again the mirrors fold back in on their own. it makes you wonder about the life of the auto fold system.

Definitely standard on the Elegance in OZ, it can be manually folded with the mirror knob and auto fold when locking the car. Only real issue is that it unfolds when unlocking so when you want to unlock the car to put something they fold out then when you lock again the mirrors fold back in on their own. it makes you wonder about the life of the auto fold system.

My mirrors only fold out when you turn ignition on & fold in when you lock the car with the fob. Can't remember if you can change that in settings or maybe newer models have a change in operation.

My mirrors only fold out when you turn ignition on & fold in when you lock the car with the fob. Can't remember if you can change that in settings or maybe newer models have a change in operation.

I think I'd prefer that, mine unfold/fold when I press the fob to lock/unlock. I wonder if there is a setting I've not noticed yet as it would make it easier to get in and out of the car with bags.

The door controllers changed for MY14 to exhibit the unfold on unlock rather than ignition on. I dont think it can be changed.

I found it rather annoying that the VRS doesnt come with them / have them as an option. But hey ho, will have to make the arm muscles work instead lol

They are an option on the Vrs. When i ordered my vrs I had to take electric seats too but you can get them without that option now

Yep they are also auto dimming which is a nice touch.

It's a nice touch until some a***hole smacks into one of your mirrors and breaks the housing and/or glass and you have to buy the replacements, especially if they're anything like Audi prices!

I'll stick with a boring old piece of regular mirror glass, especially where I live where there's loads of narrow roads, goo-goo-eyed mothers dropping their little 'angels' into school in their Chelsea tractors and octogenarians in Honda Jazz's that have lost the ability to distinguish the white line dividing the lane(s) in the road!

• Like 1