Where can I get a new grill?

HappyIdiotTalk

The grill on my Yeti is slightly damaged.  Its not major, but I think I'm slightly OCD, and knowing the damage is there sticks in my mind.  I've been looking around for prices on a replacement, but all I can find is Fabia grills.  Does anyone know where I can get one for the 2011/2012 Yeti?

Also, I've just noticed my rear view mirror has a button on the bottom.  What does it do?  I pressed it, but nothing seemed to happen.

Cheers.

The power button will be for the auto dimming feature. My guess is that you'll notice it more at night than during the day....

Yep, the interior mirror has an auto dimming feature so that when a following car's headlights are too bright, it dims the mirror slightly. The button turns this off. There's a green indicator light next to the button that illuminates when auto dimming is active.

Depending on model & model year, some also have auto dimming on the drivers door mirror. It's dimming function works when the interior mirror dims & vice-versa.

• Like 1

The power button will be for the auto dimming feature. My guess is that you'll notice it more at night than during the day....

What is auto dimming?  Does it physically move the mirror or something?  There are two little LED lights, does this imply it does the mirrors too?  

ebay is usually a good place to look but a quick search myself has produced no results, so you might have to try a dealer.

TP

Thanks for looking, I'll keep checking.

Skodadop! This any good

Thanks, I'll use these guys as a last resort.

Auto-dimming means that the little gnomes inside the mirror run around and pull the lens inside the mirror body down a bit so that it looks dark to you and dims the reflection.

The 2 little LED lights are fitted to shine down on your hand as you change gear, or for you to play with the radio system, plus so that you can find the gnome food for the mirror gnomes.

Please ensure that you don't overfeed them or they become lazy and don't work very quickly.

:rofl:  ;)

• Like 3

Nah, the gnomes are a bit more up-to-date than that these days Graham. Cars used to use polarised glass, but now the gnomes just throw a switch that passes a current through the special glass that causes it to turn slightly darker, thus reducing the glare. Same on wing mirror. The little green light on the mirror, next to the on-off button indicates whether it's working or not.

The two whitish LED's in the ceiling are officially referred to as "mood lights" apparently.

As I understand it the second "light" on the mirror (from memory the right hand one) next to the green one is the sensor that looks backwards to see if you are being pursued by solar flares or assorted one eyed monsters :)

If so the photochromic gnomes do their current switching magic to sanitise the image in the mirror.

Edited by Pehar
  • Like 2

I'll have some of that please Graham. I've brought my own glass...

They don't want to go up there, they're afraid they might get consumed by the nasty Goggnomes  :nerd:

You'll have to come down here.

The grill on my Yeti is slightly damaged.  Its not major, but I think I'm slightly OCD, and knowing the damage is there sticks in my mind.  I've been looking around for prices on a replacement, but all I can find is Fabia grills.  Does anyone know where I can get one for the 2011/2012 Yeti?

Is this what you're looking for? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-YETI-FRONT-VINE-BLACK-RADIATOR-GRILLE-5L08536689B9-/331377337457?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AYeti&hash=item4d27a0e471

:rock:  :rock:  :rock:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...