SD card for Columbus

Yanos

In preparation for when my car finally arrives, need to order an SD card for the Columbus.

Any specific recommendations - and is 64GB still not supported?

Thanks

Make sure you get a black one, as you'll see the bottom edge of it when it's in Columbus.

Good point, a blue one can just look a little unsightly. Other than that, as stated by Steve, the latest Columbus will take up to a 32Gb card. Just got my Superb on New Year's Eve and have been using a basic 16Gb card with no problems relating to the card.

Edited by ElectricShepherd

Get the fastest speed card you can afford. Columbus can't use the extra speed, but it will mean its a lot quicker when uploading 16/32GB of music from your computer onto memory card.

Edited by JakeBlade

Following another thread on here and there recommendation I purchase one of these.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00793AQ8C/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_dp_1

32GB is more than enough for me, plus I have the MDI interface for my IPOD if needed and a CD Changer in the boot (went mad with options...Lol) 

Some of it is definitely worth a read to understand properly.

But to summarise, you probably need to pull the unit out and check the sticker for a part number and 4 digit SW number.  Of course it may have been updated since manufacture, so it is not a foolproof method, but judging by the fact you can't read a sd card above 2gb, you are probably on the early firmware indicated by the sticker. There is also the secret menu option which will tell you most simply (press and hold setup for 20 secs), although it is unlikely to be activated in your earlier firmware. 

For downloads, www.rnsfirmware.com is a good place to start but you need to be sure of which version of the Columbus you have and be prepared to re-source and re-install maps and music.

If you're pulling the unit out, don't turn the ignition key - otherwise you will need to get someone to clear the airbag warning light error.

Why would removing the head unit trigger an airbag warning light?

Unless the passenger airbag deactivation switch is also disconnected...

Is it to do with the fact that the airbag deactivation switch is nearer the stereo on the Superb? On the Octavia its not an issue as the switch is in the glovebox but the questioner has a Superb so it is potentially pertinent.

Remove the outer trim with a plastic spatula or trim tool and then it is just remove the four torx screws (20mm) and pull out.  Just be mindful of the airbag switch etc as pointed out and don't be too rough with the outer trim.

• Like 1

Why would removing the head unit trigger an airbag warning light?

Unless the passenger airbag deactivation switch is also disconnected...

Not the deactivation switch, but the little passenger airbag "off" lamp housed in the trim. If you remove that, and turn the key then you get a warning light on the dash: then you'd need VCDS or a trip to the dealer to clear the fault code.