SD card for Columbus

Yanos

Not the deactivation switch, but the little passenger airbag "off" lamp housed in the trim. If you remove that, and turn the key then you get a warning light on the dash: then you'd need VCDS or a trip to the dealer to clear the fault code.

That makes sense. Thanks.

But is it necessary to remove it?

I thought it was just the fascia & Torx screws to remove to slide the HU out?

That makes sense. Thanks.

But is it necessary to remove it?

I thought it was just the fascia & Torx screws to remove to slide the HU out?

It's not necessary to remove it, but a lot of folk do just so that the trim can be set aside - then they forget.

Did you simply burn the iso file or create a disc from the image? The former causes a CD error and it is the latter that is necessary - I always use imgburn and it usually works for me with good media first time.

If you've got the .img file on your computer, and you've downloaded and installed imgburn, then that's the hard part done. Simply "right click" on the image file and select "Open with" - "imgburn". Then insert your blank disc, select write speed 1, check the "Verify" box, and press the "Write" icon at the bottom left.

Don't open imgburn first. Close that down and do as I said above.