VRS options

I've got the chance of two octavia vrs estates in white......one has the black pack and rear privacy glass and satnav.

The other one has the black pack,sunroof,winter pack , but no privacy glass or satnav.

Both are demos simler price but I don't know which to have , both are diesal with dsg.

Any ideas??

Which nav is it? Small or larger screen? If its the small one I wouldn't bother.

I have both the large screen nav and the sunroof, but use the nav and screen functions all the time. The sunroof gets used much less. Winter pack is great though.

Assuming they're the same mileage and age, just pick the one with the options you'll use most.

Good luck

Winter pack with the heated seats and front screen are brilliant options for the winter, whilst the sunroof would be great for the summer.

Privacy rear glass in the dark winter weather is a nightmare when reversing (from my previous experience) and you can fit a portable Satnav that a) can be fitted more in the line of sight and B) you can keep for use in any other cars so this would be my decision - black pack & winter option.

Just a warning that anyone can add tints to glass but few can do it properly and in a way that will last for years.

Saying that I would prefer the sunroof over the satnav (even if it is the superior Columbus version), and the winter pack comes in handy when your in a hurry during winter months.

Sunroof+winter pack wins it for me, but I would miss the privacy glass.

Edited by Orville

I would go for the roof and winter pack, the sunset glass is not that tinted and if you really want it you can get good quality tints done for about £150. Sat Nav is nice to have but you can always use a tom tom if you don't know where you are going. My only regret is not getting the roof.

If the nav is Columbus then its worth having as the rest of the unit is also much nicer. Although the sunset glass isn't exceasivly dark its high quality, doesn't pose any visibility issues and will last unlike rubbish aftermarket tints.

However I'm sure the panoramic sunroof is excellent so you need to decide what you really want

Hmm, tricky... I prefer maps to satnav, some whingey voice telling me to turn left in 300 miles, plus where I live, theres no sat coverage anywhere due to the topography and trees!!! Id personally go for the privacy glass as its not that dark, but is noticeable - ive specced it for mine, which im picking up on Friday..

Sunroof is lovely but loses structural rigidity and adds weight high up above the c.o.g. Shame you cant go for sunroof with privacy..

My choice would be the one with the winter pack. If your heart is set on satnav, I'm sure for a few £££ they could pull the satnav out of car A and put it in car B if that's an issue for you.

Personally I use a Garmin portable satnav so I can take it out and use it in other cars, walking in places I am unfamiliar with, on my bike etc.  Only 1 set of maps to buy and update.  That said, there are other benefits of the Columbus.

I like having integrated nav but think i could live without it for an otherwise better specification.

I have my reservations about long term reliability of pano roofs though.

a fairly tough call i would say.