TommyH's GTB-powered mk1 vRS

TommyH

We should have a 1756 meet. Alex you're not welcome ;)

My cars up for sale on facebook but I'm considering removing some of the easier modifications :)

PM'd you Dan, there's something I want off your car!

Just put my S2000 filter back on, sounds much better than before I'd had the car mapped. Only took it off because it sounded poo and seemed to make the car feel slightly worse with the standard map that it had on it before

Should hopefully sound even better after I fit the cooler tomorrow :)  When my Airtec went on I suddenly found that it chattered big time!

I've found that with my Darkside one.  Getting proper turbo flutter and chatter now.

• Like 1

I've found that with my Darkside one. Getting proper turbo flutter and chatter now.

Oh I like the sound of that, will see what mines like tomorrow after I fit the THS FMIC with the GTB2260.

Time for an update from this weekend's fun!

Have to say big thanks to alex_e3 for this as my involvement stretched to fetching lunch and keeping the leaves out the garage...

Took not very long to get to here...

01d3f3592bac2ed3269d90770c205ac59add60a5

Then the fun starts cutting the radiator surround, fitting the brackets and then the cooler. Having recently done one, Alex managed to make it fit spot on first time without even needing a trial fit  :clap: Off came the old cooler and this was the state of play...

01ec37a6648a1a0c8cd84e692ce54a2c24787497

Next job was to do all the pipework and bolt on the Ibiza crash bar that I bought. I'll put together a little guide on making the crash bar fit cause I took a load of photos. It's fairly straightforward but does need a little bit of trimming as you can see here...

0134087a4c6cf884a47441c0dae9738ac072cf05

And the final result, all nicely trimmed and fitting. The bumper needed a little bit of chopping as well to get it back on

0177bdecb21a22a0ab60f6bee19eaf095d83d4ec

Performance isn't majorly better than the SMIC at Stage 1 but it's all in prep for the GTB to go on later this week. Just feels like the car goes and sounds a little bit nicer

• Like 1

Time for an update from this weekend's fun!

Have to say big thanks to alex_e3 for this as my involvement stretched to fetching lunch and keeping the leaves out the garage...

Took not very long to get to here...

01d3f3592bac2ed3269d90770c205ac59add60a5

Then the fun starts cutting the radiator surround, fitting the brackets and then the cooler. Having recently done one, Alex managed to make it fit spot on first time without even needing a trial fit  :clap: Off came the old cooler and this was the state of play...

01ec37a6648a1a0c8cd84e692ce54a2c24787497

Next job was to do all the pipework and bolt on the Ibiza crash bar that I bought. I'll put together a little guide on making the crash bar fit cause I took a load of photos. It's fairly straightforward but does need a little bit of trimming as you can see here...

0134087a4c6cf884a47441c0dae9738ac072cf05

And the final result, all nicely trimmed and fitting. The bumper needed a little bit of chopping as well to get it back on

0177bdecb21a22a0ab60f6bee19eaf095d83d4ec

Performance isn't majorly better than the SMIC at Stage 1 but it's all in prep for the GTB to go on later this week. Just feels like the car goes and sounds a little bit nicer

Safety First Al!!

Look at them ear muffs on 'im :D

• Like 4

Nice work by Alex there, you had the same job description as my pal had over the weekend whilst I fitted the turbo, gofer, he was just makings brews and fetching the food and occasionly gave a hand when needed haha.
Car looks well with the new cooler on, perhaps I should of done the cooler first instead of rushing to fit the turbo? Ah well should be fitted on Wednesday evening.

• Like 1

Busy day (for Kev) today!

I'll put some pictures up when I get a chance but the turbo is on the car and then downpipe is almost ready to go on as well. Still got a few bits to sort out tomorrow.

The size difference between the standard KKK and the GTB is ridiculous

Hopefully we'll be up and running early tomorrow afternoon ready to get Faboka's map loaded on and to do a few data logging runs

• Like 2