TommyH's GTB-powered mk1 vRS

TommyH

Yeah thats cool, drop me a text on your way from work and I'll meet you somewhere suitable. Data logging could get a bit hairy at rush hour haha

Best bet is to meet me in Hope or Caergwrle.

We can do a data logging run down past Plas Teg. How many do you need to do? As I'm pushed for time!!

Best bet is to meet me in Hope or Caergwrle.

We can do a data logging run down past Plas Teg. How many do you need to do? As I'm pushed for time!!

Yeah that's fine mate, don't worry if you don't have the time but we should only need one run I guess but the more we could do the better

Looking good.  Nice to see another 2260 in the offing. :)  PS: "only" 2.1 bar?  ;)  Or are there plans to push up toward 2.5 eventually?  Not knowing the rest of spec means I am not sure how hard you plan to go.

1756 Jase ;)

Knew you'd be quick to point that out haha ;)

Looking good.  Nice to see another 2260 in the offing. :)  PS: "only" 2.1 bar?   ;)  Or are there plans to push up toward 2.5 eventually?  Not knowing the rest of spec means I am not sure how hard you plan to go.

Like Alex said it's only a 1756 but even so I don't plan on pushing it too far (at least to begin with). For the time being I'm running a standard clutch and DMF and exhaust after the piper downpipe. Once I get round to it, I'll sort out my exhaust and then when funds allow, i'll look at an uprated clutch but for now It'll stay fairly conservative

• Like 1

Tried upping the boost tonight by switching over to the other map aaaaaand... Clutch slip, boo

Data log run while it was snowing was good fun - it wasn't sticking at the time thankfully

• Like 1

Clutch slip is something I am going to expect when I get the map put on mine, just need to pull my finger out and sort my flywheels out and get it fitted....

Edited by Southy

If you ask John nicely he will give you 2.3bar of boost ;)

Hmm yeah maybe that'll cure my slipping clutch :rofl:

In other news I can't get it to slip at all on the lower boost map, which is nice (but sort of obvious)

Edited by TommyH

Good old Kev and Alex again! Kev saved me a fortune on what he charged me to fit the turbo! Less than half what I paid for my hybrid to be fitted and it was a good male bonding session ;)

• Like 2

Good old Kev and Alex again! Kev saved me a fortune on what he charged me to fit the turbo! Less than half what I paid for my hybrid to be fitted and it was a good male bonding session ;)

Steady :o

Just cause you and your meat head mates in the gym enjoy bonding in the shower after a workout :)

• Like 2

I'm also trying to work out which clutch I want/need. After hearing Kev's  I don't want an SMF, I'd like to stick with DMF but Sachs Performance one isn't cheap, helix one looks like it'd cost a little bit less. I want to find the balance of a good clutch for not silly money but I won't buy some cheap ****. Anyone got experience of ##!!##h clutches? Or what Xman sells?

Prices look good on CG clutches to be fair, I'll do some researching

I'm going to ignore that whole thread with the guy trying to smear CG's reputation at every possible opportunity, I'm sure most people have seen/read that one on the fabia 1 section

Edited by TommyH

Steady :o

Just cause you and your meat head mates in the gym enjoy bonding in the shower after a workout :)

No shower in the old school gym down your end ;)

Nice heavy clutch pedal on the helix SMF!

Prices look good on CG clutches to be fair, I'll do some researching

I'm going to ignore that whole thread with the guy trying to smear CG's reputation at every possible opportunity, I'm sure most people have seen/read that one on the fabia 1 section

i did a 2260 conversion for local lad near me and he fitted a new Sach DMF and a CG 6 paddle clutch and cover plate and new CSC

this is the same setup i had run my polo with a 2260 and injectors and had no issues what so ever prices are below:

Clutch £318.00 DMF £187.99

he got the flywheels and CSC from car parts for less and the rest off CG you might have to shop around for some discount codes though