2015 Name That Car Game

PastyBoy

Thanks guys !  Just more familiar with styling cues on the European stuff - can often follow the scent back!  Some American stuff, but forget about ID-ing the Jap stuff !! Like that Nissan Sylvia a page or two back, that was almost identical to a Toyota something-or-other ! Ya just know it's Japanese. Dot!  ( could you guess that I've never owned a Japanese car !! )

Anyway .... here - sharpen yer pencils on this ....

Aug01-1_zpslhzphtlo.jpg

[ Hint - it's not Japanese  :D   ]

I didn't actually Google "ugly cars of the 50's"

It had a hint of Chrysler show-car about it - which led me to think of  Virgil Exner or Ghia and then Dual-Ghia (and then I Googled)   :)

Turns out the D-G was heavily influenced by (indeed based on) an Exner showcar - the Dodge Firearrow so it all lined up perfectly.

I'll search for something to post in an hour or so.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

But a lovely little engine, shame they didn't make a handsome one with the engines big brother fitted to it.

• Like 1

Yes, when they merged with their down-market competitor, that 4.5 V8 made the other firms biggest 4 door into a rocket ship by all accounts.

PS are we going to re-title the thread to "2015 Don't Name That Car Game"?

Edited by camelspyyder

WTF?

A Brazilian built French V8 car - that is seriously obscure

much like the  Ford Comete  Italo-exotic lookalike I think you posted.

Who knew the frogs did so many V8's

After Delage/Delahaye/Bugatti/Talbot went to the wall I thought the French luxury/big car industry died with Facel Vega.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1