Dtuk tuning box settings

Can someone describe what they have found the 3 different maps feel like? VRS TDI I'm interested in.

Sounds like originally everyone was using 3 +1 and now 1 +1 is the current trend, and someone earlier said 2 +1 feels better on road so.....How come guys? 

I run mine on 4+1 old box (3+1 new) and i have also tried 3+1 old (2+1 new) and I can't say I noticed a massive difference between them, I keep meaning to try 2+1 old (1+1 new) just to see but because i have the old box it takes a while to dismantle it.

I run mine on 4+1 old box (3+1 new) and i have also tried 3+1 old (2+1 new) and I can't say I noticed a massive difference between them, I keep meaning to try 2+1 old (1+1 new) just to see but because i have the old box it takes a while to dismantle it.

cheers, I just thought for each map there might be a generalistic description supplied to save time and mucking about changing things i.e map 1 low down torque delivery, map 2 combination, map 3 high revs power benefit etc ?

Also too, on the Trevor model, does it have a power switch on the control module so you can turn it off if you don't want it working without having to unplug everything each time?

Yes you can hold down a couple of buttons to switch the box off. Can't remember which ones without looking at the manual but at a guess it would either be plus and minus together or the p button on its own.

You forgot to say you have to stop at the side of the road, get out of the car, open the bonnet..

When will I be able to change to from my mobile phone?  :D

My experiences with the box have changed over time.

In the beginning when I was testing some settings, it pulled hard even from low rews, and every slight pedal movement was giving big results.

Also I remember saying to myself many times than now I dont even need sport mode on my DSG how well it pulls from low rews.

Now like this behavior is gone (on the same settings I used before), in low rews there is big lack in power and I have to press the pedal all the way down and wait a second or two before it wakes up.

And in the end it looks like its not as fast as it was before.

Not sure where to look for the problem.. maybe its leaking boost somewhere..?

Yes you can hold down a couple of buttons to switch the box off. Can't remember which ones without looking at the manual but at a guess it would either be plus and minus together or the p button on its own.

You hold the far left an right buttons down for a few seconds to put it in standard mode :)

Wow, what quality piece of kit this is proving to be.

Are you still on the second hand one they gave you as replacement for your first dud?

I think I can remember reading about others saying that theirs doesn't work either when it gets too cold. I hope you get it sorted though, it must be frustrating.

Yes still on the second hand one aint had time to go get a replacement and yes I'm on 1+1 seems to have gained 240 bhp aprox and extra 10 mpg overall. Feels great when I floor it in 3rd

Try switching it off / plugging in the blanking plug and see if the performance drops off further or stays the same.  Maybe the unit's gone Pete Tong??

There is definitely a difference with the box on/off, but the problem, sililar to what Da21982 described, that the power isnt always there, and its pretty much never there in low rews.

That's the issue I was having sometimes I could drive 3 or 4 miles an then all of a sudden the extra power would be their and then next minute the power had gone again or sometimes the power would only come in at high revs the guys at dtuk even came to work on the Saturday morning as its the only day I was available.

That's the issue I was having sometimes I could drive 3 or 4 miles an then all of a sudden the extra power would be their and then next minute the power had gone again or sometimes the power would only come in at high revs the guys at dtuk even came to work on the Saturday morning as its the only day I was available.

I am not from UK so I could only send the box with post office.

Did they gave you any more info on why your box has been that way?

Hi Andrew. Yes it's very strange that the one I had seemed to develop a fault yet we have swapped units and nither of us is having and issue. I am more than happy with the situation you went out of your way to meet me on a Saturday afternoon to rectify a small issue. The unit I have now is working without fault I was a bit concerned that the unit given was from another vehicle but on the plus side its a tested unit so if the problem was still apparent then it was my car that was the issue and not the unit but thankfully it works and it works extremely well...

• Like 1

Is there a lot of issues with this kit guys in overall? Is it safe to use? I was considering this when I had my Insignia and still considering for the vRS, but my car is on Lease and not sure if it would be a problem in the future.

I've had a couple of issues but Andrew has always resolved them. Rolling roaded myself and got a satisfactory result but I have the new updated box on now and I'll be rolling roading it later in the year.

You are best off flicking through this page with plenty of debate as those questions has been asked hundreds of times - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/294284-weve-started-having-tinker-with-the-20tdi-184ps

The people that have them will recommend them and those that don't won't - It is the way the internet works....And don't mention the dreaded W word otherwise it will all kick off.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

As a DTUK customer I can say I'm very happy. Still need to get around to getting a box for the vRS, but the one on my S1 transforms it into an absolute monster!

Highly recommended - both from a product and customer service point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@ Andrew and Darren...

Did you swap just the box or the loom too?  Just thinking out loud - maybe a dodgy connection?????

In my 30 odd years experience of electrical/electronic faults, 9/10 are dodgy connectors, verdigris and the like.

Edited by Smeghead
  • Like 1