Got my quote back today on a new estate

Exactly, you can get a new A1 on PCP for a few hundred quid down and £249 pm.

All I keep seeing are PCP quoted with 2 and 3K deposits, lunacy!

Edited by Markyg
  • Like 1

This triggered me to go look! Just bought the wife a Yeti SE1.2 DSG. We paid exactly £20k! while we were negotiating the boss was sniffing round my 08 plate Octy 1.9 4x4 Estate, as it is very low mileage. I was thinking of letting them have it and getting a Fabia estate, as I don't really need the size of car now. Just costed it out - over £17k, with a much lower spec. Off to think!!

Orange wheels now doing the Fabia range across the board with about £1300 discount. I will not be going down the PCP route. Sainsburys now doing personal loans at 3.7%. I plan on keeping next car about 6 years. Want to get it right. Had current one 4 & a half.

Orange wheels now doing the Fabia range across the board with about £1300 discount. I will not be going down the PCP route. Sainsburys now doing personal loans at 3.7%. I plan on keeping next car about 6 years. Want to get it right. Had current one 4 & a half.

DriveTheDeal beat that by a few hundred quid, around 9.5% i think they are currently at if you're interested. Dont think we had anything beat that on carwow either, still waiting for more quotes. Our local stealer is doing an event at the end of the month so hoping they might offer some more discount then, but im not holding my breath...

I can see my next car not being a Fabia, sad really as i do rate my 1.6CR Elegance, Skoda have forgot just where they stand in the ''badge hierachy '', for the kind of money quoted you can end up driving an Audi.... unless the prices settle down and some common sense comes to the party then Hyundai is looking like the new Skoda.

• Like 1

I can see my next car not being a Fabia, sad really as i do rate my 1.6CR Elegance, Skoda have forgot just where they stand in the ''badge hierachy '', for the kind of money quoted you can end up driving an Audi.... unless the prices settle down and some common sense comes to the party then Hyundai is looking like the new Skoda.

once the new euro 6 engines come in at Hyundai may be, but currently it is the engines which are the week spot, general spec, reliability (from people I know with them) and price appear to be in the right ball park

once the new euro 6 engines come in at Hyundai may be, but currently it is the engines which are the week spot, general spec, reliability (from people I know with them) and price appear to be in the right ball park

Would be ok as an option if you weren't in the market for an estate but that's the whole point of buying a Fabia, they do an estate.

Agree, the new line of engines are due to come in about mid this year so its then that the new i20 will be real competition for the Fabia and VAG in general.

Agree, the new line of engines are due to come in about mid this year so its then that the new i20 will be real competition for the Fabia and VAG in general.

You're still missing the point, the title of the thread is 'Got my quote back on a new estate' so why do you keep mentioning the Hyundai as a competitor for the Fabia estate when they don't even make one.

You need to start a new thread called 'Hands up who thinks the new Hyundai i20 is better than a Fabia III hatch' then you will get a better comparison.

Edited by Gazbull17
  • Like 2

You're still missing the point, the title of the thread is 'Got my quote back on a new estate' so why do you keep mentioning the Hyundai as a competitor for the Fabia estate when they don't even make one.

You need to start a new thread called 'Hands up who thinks the new Hyundai i20 is better than a Fabia III hatch' then you will get a better comparison.

A good point that :sweat:

• 1 month later...

This is all very interesting and informative BUT having spent ages researching the options for replacing my wife's 4-year old Audi A1 with a small car with loads of luggage space (seats up or seats down), with an annual mileage of well over 12,000 and pricing out the "reasonable" option, I have considered:

Petrol v Diesel

Manual v DSG (or DCT)

Hatchback or Estate

Physical size

Residual values

Basic specs and cost of desired options

Design features

Aesthetic appearance

AND looking at:

Kia Ceed (Hatchback and SW)

Hyundai i30

BMW Series 2 Active Tourer (what a lovely car!)

VW Golf SV

Skoda Fabia Estate

Volvo V40

Merc A class

etc  (i.e. a range of manufacturers)

I have costed up a Fabia SE-L 1.4 Tdi 90PS DSG - £18,385

PLUS

Panoramic roof                          £725

Detachable towball                    £410

Sunset glass                              £180

Desired paintwork                      £175

Cornering foglights                     £130

Variable boot floor                      £110

Front and rear parking sensors  £290

Space-saving spare wheel         £85

- the overall cost is  £20490, that's  - £7500 cheaper than a BMW; over £6000 cheaper than an Audi A3; £5000 cheaper than a Volvo; £4000 cheaper than a VW Golf SV; £2400 cheaper than a Golf Hatchback; £2000 cheaper than either Kia or Hyundai, AND none of these others include Panoramic Sunroof or detachable towballl!!!!!!!

I think its time some of you guys got real - times change, prices go up, demand increases prices, improving reputation increases prices, improved technology increases prices etc etc.

I have viewed ALL the above cars and test driven most of them - and I STILL think the Skoda Fabia Estate DSG looks a no-brainer compared to the others.

But no doubt many of you will disagree so feel free to put me right!

• Like 3

I got a price today on a Combi 1.2 TSI SE L with metallic paint, 17" wheels and sports suspension. £180 month with a £640 deposit

Where from, was it the 90 or 110bhp motor, I'd take that deal now.

Edited by Gazbull17

19k loan over 5 years at 4.6% is around £355 pcm.

Then no final value fee either.

I was referring to RO0's post, there's no way I would pay £350 a month for a car, I only live 8 miles from work, plus, I never keep a car more than 2 years usually so the less I pay a month the better. Edited by Gazbull17

There's no ex demo Mk3s at the mo and none of the cars you mentioned are of any use. I want a compact estate with roof bars so Fabia Kombi, Peugeot 2008 or maybe a pre reg Astra estate, they're pretty cheap as all Vauxhall's are once they've seen Tarmac would do.

I'm not looking to change until about June time so in no hurry.

Edited by Gazbull17

This is all very interesting and informative BUT having spent ages researching the options for replacing my wife's 4-year old Audi A1 with a small car with loads of luggage space (seats up or seats down), with an annual mileage of well over 12,000 and pricing out the "reasonable" option, I have considered:

Petrol v Diesel

Manual v DSG (or DCT)

Hatchback or Estate

Physical size

Residual values

Basic specs and cost of desired options

Design features

Aesthetic appearance

AND looking at:

Kia Ceed (Hatchback and SW)

Hyundai i30

BMW Series 2 Active Tourer (what a lovely car!)

VW Golf SV

Skoda Fabia Estate

Volvo V40

Merc A class

etc  (i.e. a range of manufacturers)

I have costed up a Fabia SE-L 1.4 Tdi 90PS DSG - £18,385

PLUS

Panoramic roof                          £725

Detachable towball                    £410

Sunset glass                              £180

Desired paintwork                      £175

Cornering foglights                     £130

Variable boot floor                      £110

Front and rear parking sensors  £290

Space-saving spare wheel         £85

- the overall cost is  £20490, that's  - £7500 cheaper than a BMW; over £6000 cheaper than an Audi A3; £5000 cheaper than a Volvo; £4000 cheaper than a VW Golf SV; £2400 cheaper than a Golf Hatchback; £2000 cheaper than either Kia or Hyundai, AND none of these others include Panoramic Sunroof or detachable towballl!!!!!!!

I think its time some of you guys got real - times change, prices go up, demand increases prices, improving reputation increases prices, improved technology increases prices etc etc.

I have viewed ALL the above cars and test driven most of them - and I STILL think the Skoda Fabia Estate DSG looks a no-brainer compared to the others.

But no doubt many of you will disagree so feel free to put me right!

thing is you are comparing apples with pears

golf and i30 are Octavia size, so will be more expensive

ceed is Octavia size as well I think, kia rio is fabia size

I have been doing a similar exercise

polo, fabia and i20, petrol or diesel etc

I did find another variable, attitude of the dealers

I got a price today on a Combi 1.2 TSI SE L with metallic paint, 17" wheels and sports suspension. £180 month with a £640 deposit

That sounds remarkably cheap.