Windscreen washers not working

scaryshark

The other half has been driving the car and said that the windscreen washers were empty, I filled it to the top which I thought was strange since it only took about 1L and went on my way.

The next day she tells me it's still empty, so I look under the bonnet and the washer level is full. So I try out the washers and nothing happens.

There is no 'pumping' noise either!

Any idea what the problem is? I thought it would be something to do with the weather but any blockages would have thawed by now.

Do you think the pump might be broken?

As above if you can't hear the pump I'd try the fuse. They fit low amp fuses on these parts now to blow easily if the water is frozen in the bottle and younger to use it. Vw also use something similar on the wipers for their new cars and try to charge a fortune for it. It's one of their new scams.

As above if you can't hear the pump I'd try the fuse. They fit low amp fuses on these parts now to blow easily if the water is frozen in the bottle and younger to use it. Vw also use something similar on the wipers for their new cars and try to charge a fortune for it. It's one of their new scams.

Have you been filling up with plain water only? Unless you've been using a screenwash additive with good antifreeze properties in the recent cold snap...you could have blown the fuse, or even burnt out the pump motor....

• 3 years later...