DPF and cruise

I had noticed that on 3 occasions recently my cruise control had cut out pretty randomly and was accompanied by a "clunk" from the DSG. i mentioned this when it went for service today and they did a "full" test of the DSG and found no fault. the kicking out of cruise occurs when the DPF regens. has anyone else had this or known about it? Given that the dealer knows i do zillions of motorway miles it would have been helpful to be warned.

I have a vrs tdi and this has happened to me as well. Sometime happens into a long motorway journey. I also have lane assist. I just put the dropping out of cruise control down to the car being too cleaver and deciding I am tired so a safety feature.

I had noticed that on 3 occasions recently my cruise control had cut out pretty randomly and was accompanied by a "clunk" from the DSG. i mentioned this when it went for service today and they did a "full" test of the DSG and found no fault. the kicking out of cruise occurs when the DPF regens. has anyone else had this or known about it? Given that the dealer knows i do zillions of motorway miles it would have been helpful to be warned.

Most of my commute is motorway and dual carriageway all usually under cruise and this has never happened to me and I assume (and hope) the DPF has regenerated a few times whilst I'm driving.

As the cruise should stay active even when gears changed I would lean towards a faulty switch maybe on the stalk?

I have a vrs tdi and this has happened to me as well. Sometime happens into a long motorway journey. I also have lane assist. I just put the dropping out of cruise control down to the car being too cleaver and deciding I am tired so a safety feature.

Recently on a long journey my car told me to take a break as I was approaching services I guess it picked up my location from the sat nav

Cruise dropping out is nothing to with a DPF regen or anything else, it's a well known fault which you dealer should rectify under warrenty.

I use cruise on every journey and it's never dropped out once in the 24k miles ive done in the car.

• Like 1

There were 2 updates (documented on other threads) for cruise control dropping out.

- Faulty indicator stalk

- DSG software update (Aki & Smeghead know this one very well) which causes cruise to drop out intermittantly.

- http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/307373-cruise-control/

- http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/334599-cruise-control-dropping-out

Both are offered as "warranty" items & I believe there was a service bulletin for both.

(I'll keep looking for the thread with the recall reference)

Cruise Control should not switch-off when the car enters regen. (If your dealer told you this ask them to put it in writing! )

Same as Neily, I've driven 30,000km with 80% using cruise control & it hasn't dropped out once.

Edited by Gabbo
  • Like 1