Crappy renewal quote and no reason for it.

Richard-vrs

Just had my renewal through, and for some reason it has gone up.

Now I know Premiums change every year but usually by renewing as adrian flux advertises you get a discount.

This year I have another years no claims and my conviction has gone, every other detail apart from this remains the same yet the cost has gone up, and I was told on the phone the only way to get it cheaper with adrian flux would be to find a cheaper quote elsewhere and they will match it.

Surely they would want to keep customers by offerig a cheaper quote first.

• 1 month later...

What was the outcome of this?  Hoping my insurance quote doesn't jump up either in a years time with AF as I will be in the same situation, +1 more NCB and SP50 from 4 years ago, no longer an issue. 

• 6 months later...

I've just had this problem, my points ran out and it's jumped by over 200 quid. When I spoke to the insurer and asked why... He said it was because insurance was up this week, not sure I've ever heard rubbish like it. Will continue looking I think!!

• 4 months later...

Surprise surprise same thing has happened again. First adrian flux put a fault claim on my record last year that never happened. After arguing it seems that apparently if anyone goes to make a claim and gives the wrong reg (i.e mine in this case) even though it never goes through because the process has been started it will be on my record for 5 years.

They changed this so even though its on my record apparently theyve listed it as a non existant claim effectively making all my details the same as last year.

But its £39 more than last year, and all i get told is im on the max no claims discount and get extra briskoda discount. So where is the loyalty discount?

This i believe would be my 4th year with adrian flux and it doesn't seem to matter even though if you call them the message that is constantly repeated is about loyalty discounts.

Do you need to be a Freedom member to obtain the Loyally Discount?  If so thats an extra £12 on your Quote.

No dont need to be freedom member to get club discount just have to prove your a member, and I have been a member since 2011. Premium tax went up 3.5% which doesnt account for the increase.

I gues im the only one thats annoyed when this happens, and can only assume that loyalty discounts are non existent.

This is my first year with af and they beat my last quote by quite a bit plus my other insurance didn't let me modify my car which af does and it was still cheaper even with the mods.

I will have a fully clean licence by end of this year tho so hope mine doesn't go up by much.

Anyway so far best company I've used for car insurance

This is my first year with af and they beat my last quote by quite a bit plus my other insurance didn't let me modify my car which af does and it was still cheaper even with the mods.

I will have a fully clean licence by end of this year tho so hope mine doesn't go up by much.

Anyway so far best company I've used for car insurance

Wait til next year. New customers get good treatment while existing customers bend over it seems.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Wait til next year. New customers get good treatment while existing customers bend over it seems.

I have to say that I got a very nice renewal quote this year about £500 less than the nearest competitor. So far I have to say I'm very impressed with AF, I can't say I have experienced any issues with AF however my insurance is due again in July so will see what happens.

I was told on the phone the only way to get it cheaper with adrian flux would be to find a cheaper quote elsewhere and they will match it.

Surely they would want to keep customers by offerig a cheaper quote first.

I hate this kinda thing. They really should give you the best price first, they already have your business so ought to work to keep it,

In this case I would ring round and, if I found a cheaper quote, I'd take it and the current insurer could swivel.

I had a call from my broker a few weeks back, a new lass in the office looking to increase her figures no doubt, and we adjusted some things like the cars value etc. and she said she'd send me my renewal through. When it arrived it'd gone up by £80 or so from last year. So I checked a few other brokers and got a quote about £70 less than the renewal. Lass called me back when I didn't take up her inflated offer and asked me why, so I told her she'd have to sharpen her pencil if she wanted to keep my van insured with them as well.

Edited by Rustynuts
  • Like 1