Briskoda How Fast 2015 Bedford 02/05/2015

PastyBoy

I hope The JPS Octy recovers. It was being towed away last I saw of it!

Towed Byran down to Main entrance, Throttle position sensor seemed to be the problem, Skoda Assistance were called, a 45 minute wait, be interesting to see what time he gets home.

Had a good day, 5 seconds quicker than last year on a circuit supposedly 2 secs slower, happy with that, roll on the National meet :clap:

• Like 1

When I got home and scanned the Golf  -  Of the 19 VCDS scan areas I recorded 16 Malfunctions after a massive hiss fit during familiarization session.

01-Engine -- Status: Malfunction 0010

02-Auto Trans -- Status: Malfunction 0010

03-ABS Brakes -- Status: Malfunction 0010

08-Auto HVAC -- Status: Malfunction 0010

09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010

10-Park/Steer Assist -- Status: Malfunction 0010

13-Auto Dist. Reg -- Status: Malfunction 0010

14-Susp. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010

15-Airbags -- Status: Malfunction 0010

16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000

17-Instruments -- Status: Malfunction 0010

19-CAN Gateway -- Status: Malfunction 0010

32-Differential Locks -- Status: Malfunction 0010

42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: Malfunction 0010

44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000

52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000

55-Headlight Range -- Status: Malfunction 0010

5F-Information Electr. -- Status: Malfunction 0010

A9-Struct. Borne Sound -- Status: Malfunction 0010

Luckily after a rest the car recovered enough to do the timed laps.

Having got home and cleared all the fault codes everything seems to working fine so have no idea what went wrong

That's progress for you :giggle:

Had a great day out guys thanks. Good circuit, definitely need bigger brakes on the car though, came off at the chicane see video below. Pressed the pedal and hardly anything there :(

Fast lap

https://youtu.be/31h3Ze0ZT08

Exceeding track limits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFH3X1Jobc

Sorry we didn't come for the meal, had to get back. Great day out though many thanks.

Edited by Jonsen
  • Like 3

Towed Byran down to Main entrance, Throttle position sensor seemed to be the problem, Skoda Assistance were called, a 45 minute wait, be interesting to see what time he gets home.

Had a good day, 5 seconds quicker than last year on a circuit supposedly 2 secs slower, happy with that, roll on the National meet :clap:

Thanks for your tow, Andy

RAC guy arrived quite quickly, checked to see if throttle was sticking, then towed me back to Grantham services, then transferred me to another truck - got into Horton Skoda just before 5.20pm and will have to wait until Tuesday before 'damage' can be assessed.......

• Like 2

New pedal usually when the TPS goes in them. :) Not a common failure and not something usually associated with track wear and tear either.

Car drove like a dream going down there, but only took a couple of laps for the 'coil' light to come on, then lost power temporarily and came into pits

Switched off, Andy ran a scan and id'd the throttle problem, I then started up and tried again and had the same issue

Didn't run on the timed laps, went to start her up to leave and it just fired up and died straight away.......sad times :(

Didn't get official timings, but going off my video, I reckon my first timed lap was about 1m42s.

Biggest problem (not unexpected for a fairly standard Yeti) was massive amounts of understeer and ESP cutting in!

Great fun though.

Video here, taken from the high altitude Yeti viewpoint:

https://youtu.be/GF6PYq_Av_Q

• Like 2

In the past has anyone organised a 'Briskoda Group' purchase of photos to get the price down?  I might be interested in 1 or 2 pics but not at £7 or £10 - for a digital download???????.

But an order for 10 a or 20 pics could be an option but I do not know the logistics of downloading and distributing the pics, if they allow such a purchase.

• Like 1

In the past has anyone organised a 'Briskoda Group' purchase of photos to get the price down? I might be interested in 1 or 2 pics but not at £7 or £10 - for a digital download???????.

But an order for 10 a or 20 pics could be an option but I do not know the logistics of downloading and distributing the pics, if they allow such a purchase.

What a good idea, I'm sure we'd get away with it lol

Had a great day out guys thanks. Good circuit, definitely need bigger brakes on the car though, came off at the chicane see video below. Pressed the pedal and hardly anything there :(

Fast lap

Exceeding track limits

Sorry we didn't come for the meal, had to get back. Great day out though many thanks.

How did you get all those dials,

speed recordings & GPS position on your video?

Thats cool.

In the past has anyone organised a 'Briskoda Group' purchase of photos to get the price down?  I might be interested in 1 or 2 pics but not at £7 or £10 - for a digital download???????.

There's a few I took from the day

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/353275-how-fast-bedford-020515-the-photos/

• Like 1

Sorry, did I miss something there?

Not you Bryan, the MSV photographer. I think he may have put Taylor in the next session, as that was a mountune/ford session.

• Like 1

The official MSV photographer didn't take so many pics really, also does Bedford really slope that much? I don't remember driving up Au Rouge.

Nowt wrong with Brimma's panning shots, sharp and with nice wheel blur to let people see where were on it!   :thumbup:

• Like 2

Not you Bryan, the MSV photographer. I think he may have put Taylor in the next session, as that was a mountune/ford session.

Got you........surprised he didn't do the same with the Focus

Half of the MSV lads there don't know their Fabias from their Octavias, they clearly think Skodas are the seed of the devil  :)

• Like 2

Photos are on msv's photography website now

http://www.msvtphotography.com/v/photos/86008cwb/C179954402

The official MSV photographer didn't take so many pics really, also does Bedford really slope that much? I don't remember driving up Au Rouge.

Nowt wrong with Brimma's panning shots, sharp and with nice wheel blur to let people see where were on it!   :thumbup:

Had a great time out on track, won't be joining in on a group buy of photo's, Yetikent and Brimma took the better picture's :clap:

No printout's at the end, or Trophies for the top 3 drivers this year, slightly poor show from MSV, staff were polite enough if lacking in car knowledge.

• Like 2

Agree, the pics Brimmas has sent me will do nicely - many thanks.

Pity the 'official' photographer tried to stop pics being taken from the pit lane, guess he works freelance and was trying to protect his revenue stream but since these sessions are not cheap it was a bit much to try and stop attendees from taking pics which would obviously only be for personal use.

Not seen Yetikents pics yet, would be interested is he has any of my silver Golf

• Like 1

See post #423 in this thread. The quality is not as good as BRIMMA's but it's only a point-and-shoot compact which is probably why no one bothered to stop me taking photos.

Pity the 'official' photographer tried to stop pics being taken from the pit lane,

Being from a 'gangster' part of North London, I would of just simply said "bounce mate" if he tried to stop me.

• Like 2

Had a great time out on track, won't be joining in on a group buy of photo's, Yetikent and Brimma took the better picture's :clap:

No printout's at the end, or Trophies for the top 3 drivers this year, slightly poor show from MSV, staff were polite enough if lacking in car knowledge.

Well, the big screen wasn't working, the printer apparently wasn't working and no trophies... :D

Very unusual for them.

I believe Trophies are being sorted out, but for the top three drivers in Skoda order only, as it was a Briskoda session with guests.

So

1. Yeti (Fox)

2. Fabia VRS (Jabo)

3. Octy VRS Estate (Noisy Dave)