DSG 40,000 miles oil change

Shedhead

Sorry if this had been covered already but just wanted to ask for the most current quotes.

I rang my local Skoda garage (Westgate Skoda, Grimsby) for a quote for the 40,000 miles oil and filter change. The price I was quoted was £229.

Is this the current going rate or are they asking abit too much?

Many thanks in advance!

Well I explained I just wanted the oil changing and also the filter but when she rang back with that quote I nearly choked on my coffee! I might go in and ask and see if it changes. Thought it sounded abit steep!

I honestly wouldn't know where to start Phil lol. I wouldn't mind paying around £129 for it but couldn't believe it when she said £229. Will have to pop in and ask directly and hopefully get someone who knows what they're talking about!

Hehe.

It was pretty easy in the end.

No harder than doing a normal oil change really. Hence why I wasn't prepared to pay £170 for it.

£229 is definitely too much... sounds like they've quoted for a major service there!

Phil

• 4 weeks later...