VCDS adaptation for side light voltage

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a VCDS adaptation that adjusts how bright the side lights are? The sidelights dim when switching from DRL. Attached are photos showing the difference between the 2. I was wanting to get the sidelights the same brightness as the DRLs. I fitted HIDs and it looks like 2 torchbulbs are powering the sidelights.

Stuart

post-122942-0-91826900-1421695658_thumb.jpg

post-122942-0-39909200-1421695670_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a VCDS adaptation that adjusts how bright the side lights are? The sidelights dim when switching from DRL. Attached are photos showing the difference between the 2. I was wanting to get the sidelights the same brightness as the DRLs. I fitted HIDs and it looks like 2 torchbulbs are powering the sidelights.

Stuart

The side lights don't dim when you switch from DRL, the DRL's dim and the side lights come one.  As Andy said, what would you like to do?

Thanks for the replies.

I don't want the sidelights on all the time. I have the standard halogen headlights, and are set to auto. When the dipped beams come on, the DRL dim and become the side lights. As you know the DRL/sidelight and main beam use one bulb. I've changed this bulb to an MTEC bulb, which is white when as a DRL, but changes to the yellowish torchbulb colour when it changes to the sidelight.

Stuart

Which MTEC bulbs did you buy Stuart ?

I've got MTEC super white-pure white @ 4,350K and I don't think I have this issue but, I do use the auto lights all the time so, I don't run on sidelights every.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

So you are wanting DRLs to stay on and sidelights to not come on?

Yes, I never thought of it like that, if it stops the bulb from dimming when the dipped beam comes on.

Which MTEC bulbs did you buy Stuart ?

I've got MTEC super white-pure white @ 4,350K and I don't think I have this issue but, I do use the auto lights all the time so, I don't run on sidelights every.

I've got the same ones. It's purely from a look point of view, I never use the sidelights either. It's just that they are almost LED white when DRLs, then dim down to a yellowish colour when the auto lights come on.

Stuart

On my MKIII Vrs the DRL's dim to become sidelights but can be made brighter up to 100% ( same as default DRL's )

The side lights are 35% brightness by default,    I think,   :notme:  all done with a VCDS

Do you or anybody else know which settings need changing with the VCDS to do this ?

So you are wanting DRLs to stay on and sidelights to not come on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes Andy, any idea which address points and values need changing to make this happen on an Elegance ? 

Edited by themanwithnoaim

As Andy said - you need to post up an apaptation map of the 09 module. Not sure if you can attach excel spread sheets on here? You can't really post it up as the forum screws up the formating (as me and Andy have found out)

You may need to PM us and email to one of us. The only thing I will say is it's not a good idea to set it to full brightness, maybe increase the brightness from 35% (dimmed down to side light) to let's say 60% but anything else maybe a little blinding?

As with everything it is up to the user.

Edited by xpower

As Andy said - you need to post up an apaptation map of the 09 module. Not sure if you can attach excel spread sheets on here? You can't really post it up as the forum screws up the formating (as me and Andy have found out)

You may need to PM us and email to one of us. The only thing I will say is it's not a good idea to set it to full brightness, maybe increase the brightness from 35% (dimmed down to side light) to let's say 60% but anything else maybe a little blinding?

As with everything it is up to the user.

I've shared adaptation maps before using Google Drive and just posting the link.

DRLs at 100% brightness at night will cause excessive glare, they are designed to be seen in daylight so have a light output designed as such. Using a DRL at night is likely to cause a lot of glare for oncoming drivers and could lead to you receiving doses of main beam as they may think you have yours on.

• 3 weeks later...

@Black_Sheep check your email :)

(6)-Leuchte4TFL LB4-Dimmwert AB 4

and

(6)-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Dimmwert AB 5

look like the ones to tweak to 50 or 60 - a bit of trial and error needed :)

Thanks. Will take a look at the email in a few minutes when I get a chance.

• 1 year later...

I've only seen one or two cars without Xenons, I'd need to see the adaptation map for the BCM to work it out. At a guess it is slightly different to cars with Xenons.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Can someone point me to the right coding to have DRL's flash alternately with indicators on an O3?

Do you want the alternately flashing only with DRL's, without flashing on sidelights, than you have to code the complete lightfunctions in "Leuchte2SL VLB10" and in "Leuchte3SL VRB21". You have to change Lightfunction A, B, C, E, F and G in both lights and the dimmings

I've set the LED DRLs to 50% in my Xenons and it is pretty much spot on, bright but not dazzling at night.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Is this on the adaption thread Andy? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk