Orange plastic bit for bonnet strut

Does anyone have the part number for the orange plastic bit in the front wing that the end of bonnet strut goes into when the bonnet is up? Mine has disintegrated and finally fell off yesterday.  My dealer can only find the one on the bonnet that holds the strut in its storage position.

Even better, is there anywhere on-line who can sell me the part?

I'm guessing its a couple of quid part, and 30 seconds to clip it in.

Thanks in advance!

Here you go...

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-bonnet-stay-clip-30871

Part number: 1U0823570A

Another one here for less (when P&P is considered)...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-BONNET-STAY-BRACKET-1U0823570A-GENUINE-PART-NEW-FREE-POSTAGE-/271747895917?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f456fd26d

Oh, and find a better dealer!

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 3

sure my replacement from tps was orange - put bonnet lifter on at same time so now dont use the stay but left it on as a secondary - Bought the gas lifter through this forum it works a treat.

TPS tend to want to deal with the trade - I am a taxi driver and get quite a good discount for that reason - either get a taxi driver pal to get you one or ask your local garage/mechanic .

Hopefully a new one will solve my issue too -- the strut just won't stay clipped into the clip. Every time I open the bonnet on the estate the damn strut is dangling free of the clip -- one of the reasons I tried the gas ram method. Unfortunately that didn't work out, so I'm back to using a useless orange clip again.......

Mike

I put a little piece of elastic (fabric type, but similar idea to elastic band) around the two "splay" ends to hold the strut in the holder. Works a treat.