Mk3 Fabia Greenline / Monte Carlo / vRS - UPDATE

Halfway through 2016 and still not even an ounce of hope or a slither of news regarding a new vRS :'(

One can dream...

a914eedff9.jpg

Edited by Skyl1n3
  • Like 2

like I said last year - they were bitten by the flop of a Mk2 vRS, so they're not likely to build one anytime soon.. I would think Greenline, won't be too far away..

like I said last year - they were bitten by the flop of a Mk2 vRS, so they're not likely to build one anytime soon...

I seem to remember at the launch of the mkII vrs many said it was pushing the limits and likely to be unreliable

so they made it a flop themselves, many like the VRs models, and they need to go back to a sensible engine for the power they wish to deliver rather than pushing the limits of a small engine so there is little or no options for tuning and upgrades like there was for the mkI VRs

Skoda were bitten with the flop of selling only 2,900 Mk2 vRS in the UK.

Not hit as bad as VW selling only 1,400 1.4 TSI Polo GTI over the same time.

& they have a 1.8 TSI Polo GTI now.

Certainly not bitten as bad as Audi were with selling (or first registering) less than 500 A1 1.4 TFSI 185ps.

But then they never really bothered and built a quattro and a S1 for their needs for Motorsport / FIA and homologation,

on WRC Polos etc, even for the Fabia R5's which were never built and sold in showrooms.

(VW / Audi interchangable platforms and parts sharing for Homologation, and the same platforms and parts can be shared for a warm or hot hatch, but only where VW have an interest in using up parts that are not getting used because 

VW's are selling badly, ie on SEAT's.)

Seat certainly have never done well selling Ibiza Cupra Twinchargers in the UK from 2009-2012 then the FL from 2013-2015.

New Cupra 1.8TSI's on the go now though.

Even 1.4TSI's with 150ps.

So there is to be a VW UP! GTI at long last, 1.0 TSI (Turbo) Manual or 7 speed DSG.

Maybe a smallish Fabia / Fabia Combi with 150 ps is not so far off.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

So there is to be a VW UP! GTI at long last, 1.0 TSI (Turbo) Manual or 7 speed DSG.

An Up is just a Lupo without the L and the O.. nothing more.

Really annoys me that Skoda cave in to the "not sold enough Mk2 vRS's" yet VW/Audi/Seat don't care and they've probably sold more vRS's than all of them combined.

• 2 weeks later...

Really annoys me that Skoda cave in to the "not sold enough Mk2 vRS's" yet VW/Audi/Seat don't care and they've probably sold more vRS's than all of them combined.

Perhaps this is part of the problem. Stealing sales from the other in house marque's?

Autocar has an article out on the Long Term Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8TSI, and it says how it has more HP / Torque over the last 1.4 TSI Cupra.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/our-cars/seat-ibiza-cupra-long-term-test-review-first-report

I do like the centre tailpipes...

But the new car is heavier, the Co2 is higher than that of the 2013-2015 CTHE car it replaced, but it has official better 0-62 and top speed.

(actually some Official figures show the weight the same old car to new, including the Autocar 2013 first review,

yet the 1.8TSI & Manual gearbox is said in the VW Polo GTI as being lighter than a 1.4 TSI Twincharger, and we were also told the DSG was heavier)

http://autocar.co.uk/car-review/seat/ibiza-cupra/first-drives/seat-ibiza-cupra-first-drive-review

Seeing how many new 1.8TSI Cupra are sold in the UK will be interesting and if it sells any more than the previous models did which was pretty poor and even less than the twin sister from Skoda.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Autocar has an article out on the Long Term Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8TSI, and it says how it has more HP / Torque over the last 1.4 TSI Cupra.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/our-cars/seat-ibiza-cupra-long-term-test-review-first-report

I do like the centre tailpipes...

Well the car in that test has done only 1300 (mainly city) miles so no 'long term' in it yet unfortunately.

I don't like the centre tailpipes/rear bumper design/having a manual gearbox but what can you do ..

Mine has now done around 3300 miles and for overtaking it's good to start at around 2300-2500 RPM's, it just feels gutless at lower revs although on paper max torque should be available at 1450 RPM's already.

Tõnu

• Like 1

Oh well Skoda has until my PCP is up to release a Mk3 vRS, every time I see a Mk3 out and about (especially the Monte) I can't help but think how awesome it would be with a vRS spruce-up.

...something like this will do:

r5.fw.png

Edited by Skyl1n3

Oh well Skoda has until my PCP is up to release a Mk3 vRS, every time I see a Mk3 out and about (especially the Monte) I can't help but think how awesome it would be with a vRS spruce-up.

...something like this will do:

r5.fw.png

Funny, cause I get eyed up by hot hatch drives and even have a Mk2 VRS wave at me whenever I drive past him. I've got the Monte in Rallye green. It's good fun waving, though it unfortunately attracts the stupid hot hatch drives, also (would it be surprising for me to mention it was a VXR the other day tailgating me then under taking when I indicate to change lane)!

Funny, cause I get eyed up by hot hatch drives and even have a Mk2 VRS wave at me whenever I drive past him. I've got the Monte in Rallye green. It's good fun waving, though it unfortunately attracts the stupid hot hatch drives, also (would it be surprising for me to mention it was a VXR the other day tailgating me then under taking when I indicate to change lane)!

It does happen to catch my eye all the time, if only I could take out my twincharger and just plonk it into a Mk3 Monte I'll be all set :D

It does happen to catch my eye all the time, if only I could take out my twincharger and just plonk it into a Mk3 Monte I'll be all set :D

Hahaha, well thank you for admiring the Monte so much. Though I must say I'm just as envious for a VRS. Though if they did do one I probably wouldn't be able to afford the fuel or insurance (I got quoted £8,000 for Cupra insurance, next too £600 for my Monte. It's crazy!)

Surely they did not want to give cover then because there are younger drivers that have not paid much more to insure Mk2 vRS than Monte Carlos.

As for fuel, the 1.4 TSI can do pretty much the same mpg as a 1.2 TSI as in 40's to 50's mpg.

Obviously you can do low 20's if you drive the way that will use up fuel quick.

Surely they did not want to give cover then because there are younger drivers that have not paid much more to insure Mk2 vRS than Monte Carlos.

As for fuel, the 1.4 TSI can do pretty much the same mpg as a 1.2 TSI as in 40's to 50's mpg.

Obviously you can do low 20's if you drive the way that will use up fuel quick.

It was a quote through one of the comparison websites, that are normally really good. I was just messing with it, to be honest, so didn't actually do proper work to get the price down.

Interesting that about the VRS, though and the fuel. Will keep it in mind for four years time. Just gonna enjoy my Monte at the moment. :)

• 1 month later...

Still no news?

Jeez all Skoda needs to do is look outside and see what people are driving, in the last couple of months I've seen nothing but Fiesta ST's and Golf R's EVERYWHERE, hell even a load of Polo GTI's, and they think people won't want to buy a race-y version of the Mk3? Come on Skoda...

Still no news?

Jeez all Skoda needs to do is look outside and see what people are driving, in the last couple of months I've seen nothing but Fiesta ST's and Golf R's EVERYWHERE, hell even a load of Polo GTI's, and they think people won't want to buy a race-y version of the Mk3? Come on Skoda...

Same here, my pcp runs out next year and I would defiantly be interested In a mk3 vrs

like I said in my OP no vRS forthcoming.. 18 months on.. it appears I'm correct.. although the Mk3 greenline seems to have completely disappeared.. perhaps its quietly being replaced by a new eFabia Hybrid, given the VAG scandal..

I am still holding onto the fact that the previous vRS variants weren't launched until 4 years (Mk1) and 3 years (Mk2) after the initial model release.

So going by that we should see the new Fabia vRS Mk3 in 6 months time... /optimism

• Like 1

Interesting to note here in Oz at least that a second hand Mk.2 vRS Fabia is still worth more then second hand Mk.3's and almost on par with a new Mk.3 base car price.

Yea my Skoda dealership is just round the corner and they have the bog-standard Mk2's on their forecourt for around £8500, can't comment on the vRS's since as soon as they get one it just goes again within about a week but the one's I've seen have been between £9500-£10000... *nudge nudge wink wink* Skoda!

Edited by Skyl1n3