Asymmetric van doors

Robjon

Smaller door on the offside so that the big door doesn't open towards the traffic flow when you're parked on the left hand side of the road. Also, so that the rear view mirror gets a decent view of the road rather than a decent view of the middle of two evenly sized doors.

• Like 1

Smaller door on the offside so that the big door doesn't open towards the traffic flow when you're parked on the left hand side of the road. Also, so that the rear view mirror gets a decent view of the road rather than a decent view of the middle of two evenly sized doors.

Are they all on the offside? I've never noticed/ payed much attention. I guess there the same when sold abroad though?

Not sure about the mirror thing. The bigger vans transit, transporter etc have the same size doors, and can be purchased with glass in the back windows ofc.

Personally. I think its usability myself. 1 big usable door is better than 2 small doors you cant get anything in.

Are they all on the offside? I've never noticed/ payed much attention. I guess there the same when sold abroad though?

Not sure about French vans, but LHD Nissan vans have the smaller door on the left (our nearside)

Not sure about the mirror thing. The bigger vans transit, transporter etc have the same size doors, and can be purchased with glass in the back windows ofc.

Personally. I think its usability myself. 1 big usable door is better than 2 small doors you cant get anything in.

All our caddies at work are and I think the transit connect is the same but I think the bippers have equal size doors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All our caddies at work are and I think the transit connect is the same but I think the bippers have equal size doors.

Yeah caddys do have equal doors.

The little fiats dont. Cant think of the name.

Yeah caddys do have equal doors.

The little fiats dont. Cant think of the name.

Fiat Doblo?

The caddys only have one rear wiper on the larger door, rather than needing two on equal sized doors.

Fiat Doblo?

The caddys only have one rear wiper on the larger door, rather than needing two on equal sized doors.

Which caddys? Cant think I've seen one with 1 big n 1 small? Thought they are all equal?

Doblo. Thats the one mate (:

Which caddys? Cant think I've seen one with 1 big n 1 small? Thought they are all equal?

Doblo. Thats the one mate (:

We've got four at work (11 plate and newer) all with asymmetric doors. It's more obvious from the inside than outside.

Thanks for your answers folks.

With just one rear wiper on the larger door, I would have thought it made more sense to have the larger door on the offside.

And when loading from the kerb with both doors open 90 degrees, I would have thought it easier to have the smaller door on the nearside.

Hence my original question - why is the smaller door on the offside?

We've got four at work (11 plate and newer) all with asymmetric doors. It's more obvious from the inside than outside.

Ah ****e yeah. The british gas ones have that.

My mates doesnt though.

Weird.

our work connects, all 2011/2012, are even doors, though solid bulkheads and no glass in rear doors. I reckon its a spec option, depending on van style/type youre after..

• Like 2

The Vehicles are Designed as Left Hand Drive for Left Hand Drive Countries, 

and the Body can be used for the UK & other Right Hand Drive Countries.

The Side Doors can be Either Side, or just one as an Option, 

but often the Asymmetric Door stays as it was for the Left Hand Drive World Regions.

( and sometimes it suits the UK, and sometimes it does not.)

It was not just Commercials but sometimes 4X4 Duel Use Vehicles, Commercial / Passenger vehicles with Asymmetric doors.

' Which 4x4's ?  Answers on a Post Card or Sealed down envelope.*

• Like 1