skoda sdi almost the big 500,000

tonymarcella

currently on 490,000 miles and still lots of original parts , ie engine , starter , exaust , hubs , driveshafts etc, can honestly say in the 9 years of taxi driving it aint ever broke down , love this old sdi , once i get to the big 50 im taking it off as a taxi as i have a newer octavia to replace it . any other members have high mileage skodas??

• Like 2

..... any other members have high mileage skodas??

That's a fair old distance!  :thumbup:  How long before you clock over to the next milestone?

There's an ongoing high miles thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/75371-the-high-mileage-club/page-22?hl=%20high%20%20mileage

Gaz

• Like 1

Get it to a million and VW might give you a new one.

can't find the story but I'm sure I read that some bloke was given a new Golf in exchange for his which had gone through the million mile mark on the same engine.

• Like 1

Get it to a million and VW might give you a new one.

can't find the story but I'm sure I read that some bloke was given a new Golf in exchange for his which had gone through the million mile mark on the same engine.

Yeah. I remember reading that.

Changed it for a nice new golf GTD.

Wonder if the new one will make it that far. Now theyre so much more complicated.

Maybe he'll be forced to get rid anyway before he gets chance, now everythings turning anti diesel.

Super engine, not a lot of power but enough to get the job done.  I did over 300k in a Fabia and a Polo with that engine, average about 54mpg.

A good, relatively simple engine with very little to go wrong (by today's standards).  What more could you want?