Jaguar XE Here in May.

vrskeith

The Ingenium engines are available now - if you walked into a LR dealer today and ordered a Discovery Sport you'd get one in it, granted when the Discovery Sport first came out you could only get the old 2.2 engine.

All XE's will have variants of the Ingenium engine, be it petrol or diesel.

The Ingenium engines are available now - if you walked into a LR dealer today and ordered a Discovery Sport you'd get one in it, granted when the Discovery Sport first came out you could only get the old 2.2 engine.

All XE's will have variants of the Ingenium engine, be it petrol or diesel.

Sorry, only the Diesel variants this year, according to Jaguar, the Ingenium petrol 2.0 litre won't be available until 2016.

The XE petrol I'm going to look at next week is indeed powered by Ford, confirmed by the salesperson.....

DC

I looked round one earlier this week, lovely car but no rear passenger legroom with a 6'3' driver, pity.

We sat in one yesterday, I need the front seats to be set as low as possible just to get in / out.

I'm not tall, just short legs / long body!

Nice car for two people, just use the back seat to supplement the boot, just like my EOS.....

SWMBO likes it so we'll drive one next week, maybe form an opinion or two.

DC

Not really sure what all the fuss is about. The car doesn't look very special and to me looks like a smaller XF that has had some of the larger cars detail removed.

I'm sure that once the initial hype has died down the usual mags will revert to the status quo and say that the 3 series is the class leader at least in dynamic terms.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've heard of two so far where the rear differentials need replacing.

From whom?

Owners, dealership,what source?

Edited by vrskeith

• 3 weeks later...

I got to drive a couple of XEs (180 diesel R-sport and Portfolio) at a Jaguar event last weekend and was quite impressed.

It is a while since I've driven a diesel car and I thought it was pretty refined for a diesel engine. Most of the driving route was on roads with a 50mph limit, so not much chance to explore the performance but it was quick enough from 30-50.

I also had a chance to do some off road slalom runs through some cones and the handling gave me plenty of confidence to press on.

The black interior of the R-sport felt very claustrophobic at first and there wasn't much spare headroom considering I'm only just 6ft tall, but it was easy to find a good driving position. I preferred the lighter interior and very nice perforated leather in the Portfolio.

But best part of the day was two hot laps as a passenger in a very briskly driven F-type V6S :)

• Like 2

• 10 months later...